PDA

View Full Version : OOTS #447 - The Discussion Thread

melekashiro
2007-05-03, 05:39 AM
It's a little late...:smallannoyed:

FishEyedBob
2007-05-03, 05:44 AM
Yes, yes it is...patience is a virtue you know.

...well blow that for a game of soldiers. Where is it?

PlasticSoldier
2007-05-03, 05:45 AM
God I'm mad all 4 of the webcomics i check all late,

Rai Thunder
2007-05-03, 06:20 AM
Ladies, Gentlemen, Kobolds.

Let Mr Burlew take his time, he's only just recovered!

Threeshades
2007-05-03, 06:36 AM
It's a little late...:smallannoyed:

God I'm mad all 4 of the webcomics i check all late,

Man, you guys get some nice entertainment for FREE and yet you dare to complain about it. why dont you go out and tell everyone you see that you are mad at them for not entertaining you for free at all.
(You know that would make more sense) :annoyed:

Dausuul
2007-05-03, 06:40 AM
Man, you guys get some nice entertainment for FREE and yet you dare to complain about it. why dont you go out and tell everyone you see that you are mad at them for not entertaining you for free at all.

I always did wonder how the economics of OotS worked... there aren't any ads on Giant in the Playground, at least not that I've seen. Do print books and merchandise actually pay for the whole thing?

And incidentally, :smallyuk: to people posting fake discussion threads and getting my hopes up.

Threeshades
2007-05-03, 06:44 AM
I always did wonder how the economics of OotS worked... there aren't any ads on Giant in the Playground, at least not that I've seen. Do print books and merchandise actually pay for the whole thing?

And incidentally, :smallyuk: to people posting fake discussion threads and getting my hopes up.

Well for the site at least. (running a website isnt too expensive). I heard though Rich's doing quite well with the books.

Iridium
2007-05-03, 06:50 AM
Yes, yes it is...patience is a virtue you know.

Patience is a virtue that takes too long.

PePe QuiCoSE
2007-05-03, 06:53 AM
well, i'll use this useless topic to point out that i just realized the necro-girl has eyes of different colour (and yes, i'm sure that has been pointed out several times in other places).

btw, if you arw bored you can always go back and re-read old comics... it'f funny when you find something new you hand't realized before

Cryo
2007-05-03, 07:04 AM
i just realized the necro-girl has eyes of different colour

Aye, and they even match her spell colors... too damn nice :smallsmile:

On the topic, mods don't like these threads since, as we can already see, they quickly turn into pointless fights. My guess is we might as well let this one die :smallannoyed:

Baalzebub
2007-05-03, 07:04 AM
Patience is a virtue that takes too long.

That's the beauty of it. :smallwink:

ShiningTed
2007-05-03, 07:08 AM
Oooo u r gonna b so busted for posting this thread...

and u got my hopes up too, dagnabit!!!

Izodor
2007-05-03, 07:11 AM
I think this thread is against the Code Of Conduct.

Now you lose all your class features and have a cleric cast Atonement on you.

But seriously, I think he is still ill or something. It is nothing like him not to tell us he will be late. Maybe he is stuck in an elevator or something....

oball
2007-05-03, 07:22 AM
Eh, comics have been late without announcements before. No big deal. It'll be up when it's up.

Fascisticide
2007-05-03, 07:50 AM
On the topic, mods don't like these threads since, as we can already see, they quickly turn into pointless fights. My guess is we might as well let this one die :smallannoyed:
Fights are never useless, that's how we get XP.
See, I was a pixie and... well I'm still a pixie, but someday I may level up to be a badass kobold or something.

Carnus
2007-05-03, 07:52 AM
Yes, there's actually already been another topic that was locked thanks to it being about the late comic.

It happens, people have lives. Forgive the giant :)

totalnerduk
2007-05-03, 07:58 AM
So do we actually know anything, or was this topic posted in eternal but misplaced hope?

jindra34
2007-05-03, 08:01 AM
So do we actually know anything, or was this topic posted in eternal but misplaced hope?

Second part

Jarelk
2007-05-03, 08:06 AM
I hereby pronounce this thread as the most unneccesary thread of Giantitp.

Like said, the comic will be up when it's up.

Anthea
2007-05-03, 08:08 AM
Up, up and away.... :D

Izodor
2007-05-03, 08:19 AM
Wait, wait, wait for the latest comic.

Iridium
2007-05-03, 09:08 AM
Fights are never useless, that's how we get XP.

Fighting and role playing. And right now we're playing the roles of people with nothing better to do. Ding! (I really don't mind when the comic arrives, but I've gotta fill in the slow moments at work somehow)

See, I was a pixie and... well I'm still a pixie, but someday I may level up to be a badass kobold or something.

So... you're a pokemon?

Jaykell
2007-05-03, 09:18 AM
Wow another useless "When will the comic be up????" tread. How many does that make it?

jindra34
2007-05-03, 09:20 AM
Wow another useless "When will the comic be up????" tread. How many does that make it?

Tthhrreeee
Though this one by far is the most offensive

DrivinAllNight
2007-05-03, 09:26 AM
I'm so glad I didn't stay up late last night waiting for it to come out, but I was fooled when I saw this discussion thread up.:smallannoyed:

musicnerd
2007-05-03, 09:27 AM
I just hope the Giant is ok. I can deal with waiting :smallbiggrin:

BurntOfferings
2007-05-03, 09:35 AM
Hopefully he wasn't sneak attacked by a armoire ninja or something.

Halfling_Daniel
2007-05-03, 09:40 AM
I think we should use this thread for what it's been intended to be. I mean, man, 447 sure was totally awesome in the future? Did you see the totally awesome fights, the absolutely gorgeous stick figure effects, the sides-damaging amount of hilarious jokes and the beautifully developed and believable reactions from all the members of the cast?
I wish every future update was like 447 is in the future. That way, the comic will simply have such concentrated amounts of awesomeness that nobody could read it without being infected from the awesomeness and become marginally awesome themselves.

JonathanC
2007-05-03, 09:59 AM

Who's mad? They just pointed out that the strip was behind schedule.

Gerli
2007-05-03, 10:09 AM
well, i'll use this useless topic to point out that i just realized the necro-girl has eyes of different colour (and yes, i'm sure that has been pointed out several times in other places).

Well.. until now I believed that the only beings that had colored eyes are elementals or outsiders (Like Celia or Sabine) when they cast spells..

This chic has potential :smalltongue:

Grey Watcher
2007-05-03, 10:12 AM
In addition, we include a few barred topics that are specific to these forums. These particular topics are barred as they have been found to be generally inflammatory and do not contribute anything useful to the forum as a whole.
Missed/Late Comics: Threads speculating on when a comic will be posted or why it may be late will be locked; this does not apply to official threads started by site staff providing notification of a late comic. This applies to both Order of the Stick and Erfworld. I'll be locking this now. Rich will make a proper announcement on the topic in due time, I'm sure.