PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Stat up the Borderlands Vault Hunters!

illyahr
2015-07-24, 11:32 AM
OK boys and girls, here's an interesting challenge for you!

Based on a thread by frogglesmash (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?429544-Krieg-the-Psycho&p=19576012&viewfull=1#post19576012), I'm trying to build stats for each of the Vault Hunters. I mean all the known Vault Hunters. All of them from 1, 2, tPS, and TftB.

You don't need to find a way to fit every one of their skill trees, just the core of what they do. Let's see how many complete builds we can make! :smallsmile:

Borderlands
Roland - Soldier, has a deployable turret, combat medic training, leader

Mordecai (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19644958&postcount=25) - pet carnivorous bird, expert sniper and scout, pistols for close range [credit goes to alistaroc]

Lillith (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19679332&postcount=42) - steps into an alternate dimension to travel, deals massive elemental damage, hit and run tactics/crowd control [credit goes to me, illyahr]

Brick (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19668653&postcount=34) - explosives blow things up, punches things until they blow up [excellent build by Malroth]

Borderlands: the Pre-Sequel
Athena - sword & board, precise and controlled, greek god themes

CL4P-TP - robot, annoying party support, trolls his opponents (and friends)

Nisha - cowgirl, sadomasochist, double pistols, lots of headshots

Wilhelm - mercenary brute, nigh unkillable, turning into a mech

Lady Aurelia Hammerlock (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19944746&postcount=49) - high WBL, ice queen sniper b1%(h [final concept by TheifofZ]

Pseudo-Jack - ridiculous WBL, holographic mooks, thinks he's the hero

Borderlands 2
Axton - glory-seeking ex-soldier, has a turret

Maya - field control powers, intelligent, suppressed anger issues

Salvadore - shoots things. a lot. with many, many bullets. also, short

Zer0 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19639693&postcount=14) - ninja assassin, stealth generator, holographic double [credit goes to me, illyahr]

Ga (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19951911&postcount=53)ige (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19979887&postcount=59) - pet robot, brilliant engineer/electrician, high damage low accuracy effects, punk anarchist [build and stat array by Malroth]

Krieg (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19576012&postcount=26) - bloodthirsty berserker with multiple personalities [final build by Socratov]

Tales from the Borderlands
Rhys - software designer, can hack electronics, brain-hacked by a digital copy of the series villain

Fiona - fast-talking con artist, has a small pistol hidden in her sleeve that shoots different elements

Aaaaaand Go!

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-24, 11:41 AM
I'm going to use guns and bows interchangeably here because firearm proficiency isn't a special skill on Pandora. Also, I'm using Pathfinder.

Gaige is a Vanguard (http://www.ascension-games.com/blog/2015/7/2/vanguard-preview) from Ascension Games' upcoming Path of Iron (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?424214-Ascension-Games-Announcing-Path-of-Iron!-Kickstarter-launches-on-July-10th-2015!), and Deathtrap is her construct companion. The book hasn't been released yet, but it's literally a robot pet class. Can't get any better than that.

Mordecai is an Ambush Hunter Ranger (an archetype from Path of War: Expanded) with the Archery style and a bird companion.

illyahr
2015-07-24, 11:48 AM
I would prefer to use 3.0/3.5 base with maybe some PF stuff ported in but this works too well to ignore. :smallbiggrin:

Her core schticks are buffing deathtrap for mook mashing, high damage/low accuracy effects, and electrical effects. Any ideas for that?

As for Mordecai, I would still rather use 3.5. Do you know anything that would work for what he does (pet utility, sniping, and pistols)?

LoyalPaladin
2015-07-24, 12:22 PM
Subbing to this thread. I'll see if I can toss up some ideas/builds after work. I love Borderlands...

Socratov
2015-07-24, 12:40 PM
Since I had already made Krieg in another thread, I'll just quote myself instead of doublepost

well, that's why: templates! half troll gives fast healing 5 and another template will give fire resistance/turning his blood, when spilled, into fire or acid or something. Though I agree that the whole fire thing isn't really all that iconic to his character. Throwing buzzaxers and raging insanity seem core to me. That and the half troll can be explained away by Jack's experimentation.

So assuming 5 free LA for templates. and just for fun, 32 point-buy

Krieg, as: the Psycho!

CN (because madness knows no morality, though leaning good becuase of the inner voice's chokehold over the insanity) Half Ogre, Half Troll Human(Giant) [templates acquired by experimentation by Jack]

Fighter 2/Barbarian 5/Hulking Hurler 3/Frenzied Beserker 10/
ACF: fast movement for Pounce
Abilities before experimentation:

Str: 18
Dex: 8
Con: 18
Wis: 8
Int: 8
Cha: 8

Size: Medium

After templates & Level Increases:

Str: 28
Dex: 10
Con: 28
Wis: 8
Int: 5
Cha: 4

Size: large

AC: 10+0+6+0=16
Touch: 10
Flat Footed: 16

BaB 20/15/10/5
Fast Healing 5
Movement 40'
Darkvision 60'
Scent
2 times claw 1d6
1 Bite 1d4
Rend
Quick Draw

Feats:

H:Point Blank Shot
1st:Weapon Focus:(Hand axe)
Fighter: Power Attack
Fighter (2):Brutal Throw
3rd: Cleave
6th: Intimidating Rage
9th: Destructive Rage
12th:Martial Study (Wall of Blades)
15th: Penetrating Shot
18th: Martial Study(Iron Heart Surge)

Hulking Hurler Tricks:
Ranged Power Attack
Knockdown Blow

So Yeah, what you will do: get a way of having an immediate returning weapon or the gauntlet of endless javelins refluffed for buzzaxes and start raging. And frenzying. And then charge, pouncing to toss all of the buzzaxes you can toss with two hands, ranged powerattacking, and using penetrating shot. If you have lined them up (expect range shenanigans). While raging and frenzying you have 42 str (mod of +16), and 38 Con (mod of +14), you add Str quite some times: instead of Dex, then twice through ranged powerattack. Everything, if not dead, will get knocked down if smaller then large and knocked prone. This will be easy since you will line them up, penetrating shot them and just generally hurt them. As for the weapons, you better hope you got a glove of endless buzzaxes made for huge buzzaxes since hulking hurler said you could. You of course will pump your str and con through items and manuals of str and con so you can powerattack away everything dealing, to quote Riot's Phreak, TUNS ERF DERMERGE. Then you got Wall of blades, now you can use your attack instead of AC for attacks. Very useful. And IHS to enable your inner voice of reason to end your frenzy.

edit: shuffled around some feats because of PA being a pre-req...

Also, I don't want to go into too great of a detail, but Zero is a Warlock with Flee the Scene, I think I woudl make Brik into a barbarian/fist of the forest (without the monk thing) and Lilith might well be warlock with invisibility and Maya a warlock with Cold Tentacles. I'd make Wilhelm a Totemist/Warshaper and that's all I got for now.

illyahr
2015-07-24, 01:10 PM
Since I had already made Krieg in another thread, I'll just quote myself instead of doublepost

Already linked to your post and credit given where it's due. :smallsmile:

Also, I don't want to go into too great of a detail, but Zero is a Warlock with Flee the Scene, I think I woudl make Brik into a barbarian/fist of the forest (without the monk thing) and Lilith might well be warlock with invisibility and Maya a warlock with Cold Tentacles. I'd make Wilhelm a Totemist/Warshaper and that's all I got for now.

Wilhelm definately has the half iron golem template, or something similar. Zero specializes in stealth kills so I'd say at least a few d6 of sneak attack.

The Vanguard class that 'chovies linked I would be willing to see back ported for Gaige but the class isn't available yet so we have to think of something else.

Claptrap most definately has some bard with ranks in dance and sing. :smallbiggrin:

torrasque666
2015-07-24, 01:14 PM
Couldn't Gaige be more easily replicated as an Artificer? Could get Craft Construct at 6th level, build a Golem of some sort (or a Shield Guardian) and a Portable Hole to keep it in to replicate the summoning.

illyahr
2015-07-24, 01:18 PM
Couldn't Gaige be more easily replicated as an Artificer? Could get Craft Construct at 6th level, build a Golem of some sort (or a Shield Guardian) and a Portable Hole to keep it in to replicate the summoning.

It is stated that all of Gaige's equipment is tied to a digistructor in her arm (it's why she decided an artificial arm would be cooler instead of getting it healed). Are there any enchantments/wondrous items that summon specific objects? If there are, an Artificer could easily replicate that effect onto her arm.

torrasque666
2015-07-24, 01:23 PM
It is stated that all of Gaige's equipment is tied to a digistructor in her arm (it's why she decided an artificial arm would be cooler instead of getting it healed). Are there any enchantments/wondrous items that summon specific objects? If there are, an Artificer could easily replicate that effect onto her arm.
Could modify the effects of a Glove of Arming and apply that to a Battlefist (accessible for a human through either the Mighty Arms Graft or a dip into Renegade Mastermaker)

illyahr
2015-07-24, 01:28 PM
Could modify the effects of a Glove of Arming and apply that to a Battlefist (accessible for a human through either the Mighty Arms Graft or a dip into Renegade Mastermaker)

What is this "Mighty Arms Graft" you speak of and can a genius Artificer make one? Remember, Gaige made the deathtrap as a high-school science project so she probably has an Int score of 17 or 18.

torrasque666
2015-07-24, 01:36 PM
What is this "Mighty Arms Graft" you speak of and can a genius Artificer make one? Remember, Gaige made the deathtrap as a high-school science project so she probably has an Int score of 17 or 18.
Faiths of Eberron, page 158. You'd also need the Construct Grafter feat(p 145), but yeah.

frogglesmash
2015-07-24, 07:24 PM
Mordecai could potentially be made with levels in ranger.

illyahr
2015-07-26, 08:52 PM
Mordecai could potentially be made with levels in ranger.

I was thinking the same, a ranger with archery and an eagle companion. Probably with the no spells variant. Maybe as an Order of the Bow Initiate or a Forest Reave. The Shadow-Walker template from FR Unapproachable East also suits him.

illyahr
2015-08-06, 09:37 PM
OK, statted up Zer0. Here goes:

LE Tiefling Shadow-Walker

STR 14
DEX 22
CON 10
INT 18
WIS 14
CHA 8

Lurk6/Swordsage5/Assassin9

This gives:
BAB +13
Fort +6, Ref +21, Will +14

Lurk gives INT to Initiative and can boost Sneak Attack by 4d6, psionic powers
Swordsage gives +2 to Initiative, WIS to AC, shadow hand stances/maneuvers
Assassin gives Sneak Attack +5d6, IUC, HiPS, death attack, spells

Feats:
1st Weapon Finesse
3rd Combat Expertise
6th Improved Feint
9th Shadow Blade (DEX to damage with shadow hand weapons while in shadow hand stances)
12th Lurk Augment, Ranged
15th Improved Initiative
18th Darkstalker (can hide from blindsight/blindsense/tremorsense/scent)

Shadow-Walker gives a bunch of SLAs for only +1 LA. You're looking at +16 Initiative, up to 12d6 Sneak Attack without Deadly Precision weapons, +19 attack and 1d6+8 damage with a shortsword, and up to +35 Hide and HiPS to make him deadly

Extra Anchovies
2015-08-06, 09:39 PM
It might be better if you replaced Lurk with Psychic Rogue (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b).

illyahr
2015-08-06, 09:59 PM
Replace Lurk with Psychic Rogue (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b).

Psychic Rogue is better at higher class levels but about even at lower levels. Plus, Lurks get the Initiative boost. Either works for the build so it's just a matter of preference

ArendK
2015-08-06, 11:55 PM
has anyone actually designed a homebrew bunkers and badasses?

frogglesmash
2015-08-07, 12:44 AM

Wouldn't that just be d&d with Borderlands themed characters and firearms?

illyahr
2015-08-07, 10:51 AM

Same thing, different genre.

Oberon Kenobi
2015-08-07, 04:40 PM
I've thought about this before, and I'm pretty sure Zer0 is mostly if not exclusively Warlock:

Sniping = Eldritch Blast + Eldritch Spear
His Deception ability = Flee the Scene
Melee = Hideous Blow (or Eldritch Glaive if you absolutely insist, but Zero uses a katana guys.)

Use stealthy and debuffy Invocations and eldritch essences to flavor accordingly. A Swordsage is fine too (although were it not for feat starvation I'd do Warblade instead and cherry-pick Shadow Hand maneuvers with Martial Training. Swordsage's recovery method is terrible–plus since you have to make a standard attack to recover your maneuvers as a Warblade, it gives you an excuse to use Hideous Blow.)

Also he's a Changeling because nobody knows what his face looks like. :smallwink:

Edit: okay, I see I'm not the only one thinking along those lines. No surprise there; Flee the Scene is about as perfect a match as you can get, amirite? :smallbiggrin:

frogglesmash
2015-08-07, 07:16 PM
Also he's a Changeling because nobody knows what his face looks like. :smallwink:

I'm not so sure about that. The reason no one knows what his face looks like is because he's always wearing his helmet, not because he can change appearance a will.

Oberon Kenobi
2015-08-07, 07:21 PM
I'm not so sure about that. The reason no one knows what his face looks like is because he's always wearing his helmet, not because he can change appearance a will.If he never takes off his helmet... how do you know his face always looks the same?

frogglesmash
2015-08-07, 08:27 PM
If he never takes off his helmet... how do you know his face always looks the same?

That's not a good argument, you could just as convincingly argue that his face is actually a head of lettuce, and that Zero is nothing more than an animate construct made of vegetables if you're using that logic.

Oberon Kenobi
2015-08-07, 10:16 PM
That's not a good argumentWell that's convenient, since it was a joke and not an argument. ;)

In fairness, though, animate vegetable golem is probably not the silliest theory about Zer0's identity floating around. Maybe he's iceberg lettuce, because he's so cool. :D

Malroth
2015-08-08, 12:33 AM
Mordecai

Human Ranger 6/Sneak Attack Thug fighter 4/Craigtop Archer 4/Ranger 6

Feats:
1)Point Blank Shot
h)Precise Shot
R1)Track
R2)Rapid Shot
3) Far Shot
R3)Endurance
6)Mountian Warrior
R6)Manyshot
9)Craven
12)Woodland Archer
15)Natural Bond
18)Natural Bond
R11)Improved precise shot.

Favored enemies:
1) Human
5) Magical Beast
18) Construct

frogglesmash
2015-08-08, 12:41 AM
Well that's convenient, since it was a joke and not an argument. ;)

In fairness, though, animate vegetable golem is probably not the silliest theory about Zer0's identity floating around. Maybe he's iceberg lettuce, because he's so cool. :D

Sorry, I wasn't aware that you were joking, text isn't always the best medium for conveying humour.

illyahr
2015-08-11, 09:57 AM
Mordecai

Human Ranger 6/Sneak Attack Thug fighter 4/Craigtop Archer 4/Ranger 6

Feats:
1)Point Blank Shot
h)Precise Shot
R1)Track
R2)Rapid Shot
3) Far Shot
R3)Endurance
6)Mountian Warrior
R6)Manyshot
9)Craven
12)Woodland Archer
15)Natural Bond
18)Natural Bond
R11)Improved precise shot.

Favored enemies:
1) Human
5) Magical Beast
18) Construct

Ok, I like where this is headed. What is craigtop archer, though?

Alistaroc
2015-08-11, 12:49 PM
Ok, I like where this is headed. What is craigtop archer, though?
Cragtop Archer from Races of Stone, pages 101-103, a long-distance archer specializing in attacking from the high ground. Half range penalty, 15 range increments instead of 10 for maximum range if you nothing for 40 feet above you, and as a full round action can fire a shot at any range with no penalty.

For fun I made a build with this guy that can shoot almost 2 miles. :smalltongue: Love this PrC.

Maybe for Axton, some Spell Turrets in a Bag of Holding?

Malroth
2015-08-12, 03:23 AM
Gonna write up Brick as a Psionic warrior with a Warblade dip tomorrow, Also have an idea for Maya as a Wilder

illyahr
2015-08-12, 04:41 PM
Cragtop Archer from Races of Stone, pages 101-103, a long-distance archer specializing in attacking from the high ground. Half range penalty, 15 range increments instead of 10 for maximum range if you nothing for 40 feet above you, and as a full round action can fire a shot at any range with no penalty.

For fun I made a build with this guy that can shoot almost 2 miles. :smalltongue: Love this PrC.

Totally fits with what we know of Mordecai's style. Congratulations, this one goes to you. :smallsmile:

Maybe for Axton, some Spell Turrets in a Bag of Holding?

Axton and Roland's turrets are hard to do. With the resources I have available, I could only come up with the Ardent's Creation mantle giving them the astral construct manifestaion. Where are spell turrets from?

Gonna write up Brick as a Psionic warrior with a Warblade dip tomorrow, Also have an idea for Maya as a Wilder

Fist of the Forest is a beautiful PrC for those that punch, just saying. :smallsmile:

I haven't figured out what to do with the Sirens. Jade Phoenix Mage looks almost spot on (there are a finite number, they reincarnate when one dies, they even get a 'phoenix stance' as a class ability) and using the Battle Sorcerer ACF gives them medium BAB and Martial Weapon Proficiency with a single light or one-handed martial weapon at the expense of spells per day/spells known. The downside is that spells have a difficult time covering Maya's abilities. Sure, a blaster works well for Lillith, but Maya specializes in crowd control and healing/buffing affects.

Malroth
2015-08-12, 10:28 PM
Fist of the Forest is a beautiful PrC for those that punch, just saying. :smallsmile:

Its not a terrible PRC if you're gonna VOP anyway but it's not a good PRC for somebody who also makes explosions.

illyahr
2015-08-12, 11:26 PM
Its not a terrible PRC if you're gonna VOP anyway but it's not a good PRC for somebody who also makes explosions.

That's just one tree, though. His other trees spec punching rages and durability.

Thisguy_
2015-08-13, 12:44 AM
As an Aurelia main I would like to make mention of this; you forgot her ("Have I mentioned how expensive this was?") Cold as Ice "Freeze 'em and run" ability. Which, if you spec her as an ice witch instead, turns into a "freeze 'em and shoot 'em, then freeze 'em some more" ability.

Baseline, QB gets a slow/stop ability based on ice. Spec sniper, ice, or buffs, you always have it. And it's important to all three playstyles (the Ice Queen playstyle obviously the most so but still incredible for a sniper).

This would actually, though, be best suited as a magic item (of the highest possible level for an appropriate effect, possibly short of an item which recasts a certain Wish repeatedly). Just... making sure that it's remembered.

Malroth
2015-08-13, 04:07 AM
Brick Half Giant Psionic warrior4/Warblade 4/Psionic warrior 12

1 Improved Unarmed Strike
PW1 Piscrystal Affinity
PW2 Power Attack
3 Psionic fist
6 Superior Unarmed strike
9 Expanded Knowledge (Share Pain)
PW5 Practiced Manifestor
12 Psionic Meditation
PW8 Greater Psionic fist
15 Expanded Knowledge Energy Burst
PW11 Extend power
18 Expanded Knowledge Metamorphisis

Powers
1Expansion
2Vigor
3Prescience, Offensive
4Psionic Lions Charge
8Hustle
9Wall Walker
10Empathic Feedback
11Hostile Empathic transfer
12Evade Burst
13Inertial Barrier
14Freedom Of Movement Psionic
15Energy adaptation
16Psycofeedback
17Oak Body
18Adapt Body
19Mind Blank Personal
20Suspend Life

Maneuvers
5 Mountain Hammer, Action Before Thought,Wall of blades, Leading the Charge
6 Emerald Razor
7 Iron Heart Surge
8 White Raven Tactics, Tactics of the Wolf

How to play him.

Lv1 Grab a weapon and be a melee guy, Expansion+ Powerful Build=pain
Lv2 Vigor Lets you begin to act as a tank
Lv6 Mountain Hammer+Psionic fist+ Power attack +leading the charge leads to some very painful punches.
Lv9 You are now the biggest HP sponge in the game, Half all damage gets shunted to your psicrystal where it gets harmlessly absorbed by Hardness+shared Vigor while the other half Goes to your own vigor.
Lv12 Hitting him hurts you, Him hitting you heals him, Failed saving throws almost never happen,Missed punches almost never happens, he laughs off status effects and Adamantium Walls might as well be paper.
Lv 18 He can Metamorphasis himself into a cloud giant then expansion himself up 2 additonal sizes for a pre-gear str score of 43 He can explode things with his mind as well as a blaster wizard and is immune to almost every anti warrior counter.

illyahr
2015-08-13, 07:45 AM
Aaaand Malroth just invented the physical embodiment of the concept 'fist.' Well played, sir. :smallbiggrin:

Sayt
2015-08-13, 07:56 AM
Using pathfinder, because proficient: Athena the Gladiator is hella a Path of War Warden, Specced for Iron Turtle, Mithral Current and Solar Wind. Combo explicitly allows you to do Athena's "I bounce my shield off five guys, all of which take bonus elemental damage", and Mithral current is pretty much Storm Weaving.

ArendK
2015-08-13, 12:19 PM

You may be right on that one, but I imagine that a different system entirely might work better; Or at least a good revamp of the rules. I'd think taking the WH40K system and refluffing the bejesus out of it to work as B&B; Guns, chaos, and explosions. What's not to love?

Socratov
2015-08-13, 12:34 PM
You may be right on that one, but I imagine that a different system entirely might work better; Or at least a good revamp of the rules. I'd think taking the WH40K system and refluffing the bejesus out of it to work as B&B; Guns, chaos, and explosions. What's not to love?

Well, Pathfinder has guns, so we could use that one...

That said, maybe a different system that meshes well with the idea of talent trees would be preferable...

illyahr
2015-08-13, 05:47 PM
Trying to keep it 3rd ed as much as possible. I just use repeating crossbows for guns.

Just noticed something for Brick. Using a 35 or so point buy, will he have the required wisdom for psionic meditation?

Malroth
2015-08-13, 06:16 PM
Trying to keep it 3rd ed as much as possible. I just use repeating crossbows for guns.

Just noticed something for Brick. Using a 35 or so point buy, will he have the required wisdom for psionic meditation?

He's heavy armored with a reflex save replacer so dex can be dumped, he has no cha skills or class features it can also be dumped, Int is marginally useful for a couple warblade tricks but can be safely left at 10 or 12 with a +int item later on for no ill effects, He's more than halving all incoming damage so the Psi war levels are essentially giving a d16 and the warblade levels a d24 so con can easily be left at a 14 so yes given a STR=WIS>Con>dump stats getting a 13 starting WIS shouldn't be problematic as long as you can get a +Wis item later on so you can use your higher level powers.

illyahr
2015-08-14, 09:59 AM
He's heavy armored with a reflex save replacer so dex can be dumped, he has no cha skills or class features it can also be dumped, Int is marginally useful for a couple warblade tricks but can be safely left at 10 or 12 with a +int item later on for no ill effects, He's more than halving all incoming damage so the Psi war levels are essentially giving a d16 and the warblade levels a d24 so con can easily be left at a 14 so yes given a STR=WIS>Con>dump stats getting a 13 starting WIS shouldn't be problematic as long as you can get a +Wis item later on so you can use your higher level powers.

Fair enough.

Got a Lillith build that I should be able to put up tonight.

illyahr
2015-08-15, 12:13 PM
For your viewing pleasure: Lillith!

STR 10
DEX 16
CON 13
INT 12
WIS 14
CHA 18

Battle Sorcerer 10/Swordsage 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 6

Battle Sorcerer gives her 3/4 BAB and proficiency with a light or one handed martial weapon
Gave her Domain Access and Metamagi Specialist variants with access to the Wrath domain

1st Improved Unarmed Strike
Hmn Exotic Weapon Lgt Rept Crossbow
3rd Flash Casting (flash wiith light when you cast a fire or light spell, attackers get -2 on attack rolls for 1 round)
6th Arcane Strike
9th Fiery Spell (metamagic, fire spells do more damage based on damage dice)
SS1 Weapon Focus (shadow hand)
12th Superior Unarmed Strike
15th Shadow Blade
18th Fiery Burst

Sorcerer spells focus on fire and teleportation, wrath domain gives some combat buffs
Swordsage picks up Shadow Hand and Desert Wind techniques
JPM pics up more Desert Wind techniques and learns Empowering Strike and Firebird Stance to crank up the fire damage

Alistaroc
2015-08-15, 06:28 PM
If you want guns, there's the d20 Modern books. There's a Rulebook, a Web Enhancement, Weapons Locker, and Character Sheet, as far as I know. Good stuff, deals with guns, vehicles, making your own vehicles, and host of other modern things. I've used it as a base for a Tokyo Ghoul PvP campaign. Throw in some ranged weapon enchantments from the Spell Compendium and you could make some pretty good Borderlands guns.

Malroth
2015-10-12, 03:04 AM
Gonna Start working on a Wand blasting Artificer/Renegade Mastermaker for Gage before this thread completely turns undead.

Alistaroc
2015-10-12, 12:24 PM
Gonna Start working on a Wand blasting Artificer/Renegade Mastermaker for Gage before this thread completely turns undead.
Still gonna recommend using some d20 Modern guns just as a base; makes it a lot easier and is basically an addon to the 3.5 system.

Malroth
2015-10-12, 03:43 PM
Definitely gonna assume modern guns available as simple weapons for any campaign taking place in Pandora, except Gage really doesn't need them.

RedMage125
2015-10-12, 09:13 PM

D20 Modern/D20 Future

Barbarian Horde
2015-10-12, 11:28 PM
Krieg
My Idea of a Krieg build
Large Humanoid (Permanency Enlarge Person)
Human
Fighter 6, Ranger 1, Barbarian Bear 5, Monk 2, warhulk x
18 Str
12 Dex
16 Con
12 Int
15 Wis
14 Cha
Equipment
+5 Mithril Full Plate of Heavy Fortification
Mithril Armored Mask (Enchant with intimidate bonus)
+4 Magebane Battle Axe of returning and throwing (buzzsaw fluff)
Feats
(Human Feat) Endurance
(First Level)Stand Still
(Fighter Feat1)Dodge
(Fighter Feat2)Mobility
(Third Level)Combat Focus
(Fighter Feat4)Combat Stability
(Sixth Level) Steadfast Determination
Flaw Power Throw
(Fighter Feat6)Weapon Focus Buzzsaw
(Ninth Level) Combat Vigor
(Twelfth Level) Cleave
Flaw Combat Expertise
Special Abilities
+8 Against the follow special attacks such as bullrush, sunder, overrun, and grapple. ( Granted by feats.)
Fast Healing 4 (Granted by feats) Have the wizard attempt to punch you in the face to activate the fast healing by entering combat.
Favored enemy Undead (Ranger)
Toughness (Barbarian)
Improved Grapple (Barbarian)
Evasion (monk)
Deflect Arrows (Monk)
Unarmed Strike(Monk)
Great Fortitude(Barbarian)
Rage
Flurry of blows -1/-1
Another +4 to grapple (5th level of barbarian)

Even though we this wasn't built around grapple. Against a medium humanoid you get a +16

Flaw Poor Reflexs
Flaw Unattentive
===============
At this point I would create a table for Krieg and call it insanity table. Set values to a percentage and roll to see if he follows through. Go absolutely ape **** on anyone that tried to confine you to a small space.

TheifofZ
2015-10-12, 11:46 PM
To me, Lady Aurelia Hammerlock screams Sorcerer/Rogue/Spellwarp Sniper/Frost Mage with the Leadership feat.
Her first tree is Sniping, but her second gives her a bazillion bonuses for cold damage and her last tree flat out requires a minion, after all.
I'll edit this to double check the requirements for the PrCs and what feats she needs.

The haughty, bitchy attitude might best be from a Drow elf, though.
As a basic level 20 array,
Sorcerer 6/Rogue 1/Spellwarp Sniper 5/ Frost Mage 8
Str 12
Dex 14
Con 12
Int 14
Wis 10
Cha 20

Feats would be
Point Blank Shot
Weapon Focus (Ray)
Leadership
Frost magic
Precise Shot (Bonus Feat)
Reach Spell
Piercing Cold (Bonus Feat)
Enlarge Spell
Empower Spell

Snowbluff
2015-10-12, 11:53 PM
*squeeees*

I love Gaige. I thought 2 would horrible because of the enemy scaling but Gaige is the best.

illyahr
2015-10-13, 12:30 PM
The haughty, bitchy attitude might best be from a Drow elf, though.

But that would mean that Sir Hammerlock was a drow also and I just don't see that.

Glad to see you're on here, Snow. LP said he subbed the thread but I haven't heard anything from him. Gaige is amazing, but I can't figure out how to do her Deathtrap summoning short of a Planar Ally variant and it's the core mechanic of her character. Same with Roland's and Axel's turret summoning.

TheifofZ
2015-10-13, 01:14 PM
But that would mean that Sir Hammerlock was a drow also and I just don't see that.

Glad to see you're on here, Snow. LP said he subbed the thread but I haven't heard anything from him. Gaige is amazing, but I can't figure out how to do her Deathtrap summoning short of a Planar Ally variant and it's the core mechanic of her character. Same with Roland's and Axel's turret summoning.

Lucky I didn't include a race, or stats from one, then, isn't it?
But I see how it is. Open arms for Snow and a snide dismissal for me, hmm?

Didn't wantcher stupid razzafrazza mutter mutter.

Malroth
2015-10-14, 10:01 PM
Gage The Mechromancer

I went with a Mostly balanced heavy offense Gage with little Deathtrap support, Anarchy can be simulated with Persistant Greater consumptive field.

Human Cloistered Cleric1, Abrupt jaunt Martial Conjurer Wizard 1, Artificer 8, Renagade Mastermaker 10

1)Empower Spell
H1)Quicken spell
CC1) Knowledge devotion, Time domain,Planning Domain
W1) Abrupt Jaunt, Point blank Shot
A1) Scribe scroll, Trap Finding, Item creation
3) Split Ray
A2) Brew Potion
A3) Craft wonderous Item
A4) Craft homonculus
A4) Energy Substitution (electricity)
6) Persist Spell
A5) Craft magical arms & armor, Retain essence
A6) Craft wand
9) Wand Mastery
A7) Metamagic Spell Trigger
A8) Craft Construct
RMM1) Battlefist, Craft Master
12) Arcane Thesis (Scorching Ray)
RMM2) Battlefist+1 self repair
RMM3) Supporting Construction
RMM4) DR1/Adamantine
15) Energy Admixture (electricity)
RMM5 Battlefist+2
RMM6) Supporting Construction
RMM7) Embed Component
18) <<FREE FEAT>>
RMM8) DR 2/Adamantine
RMM9) Battlefist +3
RMM10) Construct Exemplar (Improved Fortification)

illyahr
2015-10-20, 11:47 AM
Lucky I didn't include a race, or stats from one, then, isn't it?
But I see how it is. Open arms for Snow and a snide dismissal for me, hmm?

Didn't wantcher stupid razzafrazza mutter mutter.

Hey, I responded to you first, didn't I? As much as I like Snow's zany antics and random gifs, I chose the person who made a contribution to the thread first.

A Tad Insane
2015-10-20, 03:32 PM
Gage The Mechromancer

I went with a Mostly balanced heavy offense Gage with little Deathtrap support, Anarchy can be simulated with Persistant Greater consumptive field.

Human Cloistered Cleric1, Abrupt jaunt Martial Conjurer Wizard 1, Artificer 8, Renagade Mastermaker 10

1)Empower Spell
H1)Quicken spell
CC1) Knowledge devotion, Time domain,Planning Domain
W1) Abrupt Jaunt, Point blank Shot
A1) Scribe scroll, Trap Finding, Item creation
3) Split Ray
A2) Brew Potion
A3) Craft wonderous Item
A4) Craft homonculus
A4) Energy Substitution (electricity)
6) Persist Spell
A5) Craft magical arms & armor, Retain essence
A6) Craft wand
9) Wand Mastery
A7) Metamagic Spell Trigger
A8) Craft Construct
RMM1) Battlefist, Craft Master
12) Arcane Thesis (Scorching Ray)
RMM2) Battlefist+1 self repair
RMM3) Supporting Construction
RMM4) DR1/Adamantine
15) Energy Admixture (electricity)
RMM5 Battlefist+2
RMM6) Supporting Construction
RMM7) Embed Component
18) <<FREE FEAT>>
RMM8) DR 2/Adamantine
RMM9) Battlefist +3
RMM10) Construct Exemplar (Improved Fortification)

While this is a thing of beauty, I assume you me 'extend' instead of 'empower', unless I'm misremebering 'persist' prerequisites

Malroth
2015-10-20, 04:51 PM
We get extend for free from our cleric dip

Malroth
2015-10-21, 03:41 AM

Gonna stat Axton up as a Urban swift hunter druid with tons of combat feats, and Roland as a Ubermount Bardadin set up for buffing unless someobdy comes up with a better idea first.

illyahr
2015-10-21, 08:35 AM
Updated first page to link Aurelia build.

Hey, Malroth, can we get a stat array for your Gaige build? The feat list looks good but I'd like a stat array and maybe a note on what some of the feats do for clarification.

Axton strikes me more as a ranger than a druid, but eh, same flavor I guess. :smallsmile:
I'm seeing Roland as more of a Marshaldin though. He's more combat focused than support focused.

Malroth
2015-10-21, 08:20 PM
i concidered both those options but the mechanics work out much better with Druid instead of ranger and Bard instead of Marshal.

Gage's stat array

Str Wis and Con can all be dumped
Dex 12-14 starting use all but 2 lv up points here, upgrade your dex item first.
INT 16-18 Level to 19min by lv 16 so you can craft lv 9 scrolls but you don't need to worry about Save DC's much anyway.
CHA 14-16 You will be UMDing multiple times per round your whole career.

How she works 1) make a giant helper robot with either craft homonculus (shield guardian) or Craft construct (insert golem here) its job is to punch things and be a distraction, you can heal it between battles for pretty much free and have a ton of artificer buffs that ignore golem immunities. 2) tons of damage boosting Metamagic feats combined with the Metamagic Item infusion and the Metamagic spell trigger feat let you burn multiple wand/staff charges per round to massively over boost low lv spell damage far beyond what a normal caster is capable of. By lv 9 she can be flinging a split, empowered, Scorching ray for18d6+36 followed up by a quickened split empowered scorching ray for the same amount. Arcane thesis Serves to dramaticly cut the extra charge cost she's paying when Novaing enemies with multiple wand assults per round and Energy admixture further doubles her already 12x normal wand damage. When serving as a support role she can use these same tricks to extend and persist buff spells stored on wands giving her things like Semi permanent Full BAB from divine power, and Fast healing from Lesser vigor.

illyahr
2015-11-18, 03:32 PM
Is the thread seriously done then? We still have more Vault Hunters to stat.

LoyalPaladin
2015-11-19, 11:40 AM
Nisha - cowgirl, sadomasochist, double pistols, lots of headshots
Equipment is a work in progress.

Ranger 6/Fighter 2/Weapon Master (OA) 7/Deepwood Sniper 5

14 arrows a round all with 17-20/x6 crit makes Nisha pretty much unstoppable. With adaptability letting her use Lightning Mace, you shouldn't have any problems kill anything in a room.

Character Creation:

Point Buy: 32
Level: 20
Race: Drow
Flaw: Loner (DM #327)
Flaw: Noncombatant (UA)

Ability Scores:

STR:10
DEX:25
CON:12
INT:16
WIS:10
CHA:10

Equipment:

Weapon: Two Adaptability/Splitting/Force Hand Crossbows
Body: Unarmored
Head:
Face:
Neck:
Shoulders:
Arms:
Hands: Gloves of Dexterity
Torso:
Waist: Belt of Battle
Ring:
Ring:
Feet:

Feats:

Flaw: Dodge
Flaw: Mobility
1st: Combat Reflexes
Combat Style: Two-Weapon Fighting
3rd: Combat Expertise
6th: Weapon Focus (Light Mace)
Improved Combat Style: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
FBF: Spring Attack
FBF: Whirlwind Attack
9th: Far Shot
12th: Point Blank Shot
15th: Greater Two-Weapon Fighting
18th: Lightning Mace

illyahr
2015-11-20, 04:17 PM
Nice. Question though: what does lightning mace actually do?

LoyalPaladin
2015-11-20, 04:24 PM
Nice. Question though: what does lightning mace actually do?
It's way too good.
"Whenever you roll a threat on an attack roll while using a light mace in each hand, you gain an additional attack at the same attack bonus."

illyahr
2015-11-20, 04:41 PM
Wait, threaten what? An attack? Does this give infinite attacks?

LoyalPaladin
2015-11-20, 04:45 PM
Wait, threaten what? An attack? Does this give infinite attacks?
Whenever you roll a critical threat.

It could potentially give you infinite attacks, if you rolled high enough.

Snowbluff
2015-11-20, 04:51 PM
Illyahr, make your request. What is it do you need of me?