PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Skills with size modifiers

FrancisBean
2015-07-24, 06:46 PM
Is there a complete list of skills tht have size modifiers, or do I need to go through them all and check them myself? I was recently surprised to see that Intimidate has modifiers based on the relative sizes of the parties. (Makes sense.) And then surprised again to find that Balance doesn't -- a Tiny Monstrous Scorpion (1-2' long) has the same DC 10 Balance check to run along a 12-inch plank as a 30' (Huge) T-Rex. :smallconfused:

So far all I know is Intimidate and Hide; Jump rules include the vertical reach by size, and Escape Artist's "Tight Spaces" usage is tied to openings where your head fits but your shoulders don't, so size indirectly matters. I'm just asking about skills, not other actions.

Curmudgeon
2015-07-24, 07:07 PM
I think you've got the ones with specific numeric modifiers. Jump skill's Hop Up is specific to jumping as high as your waist, so that's another size-dependent use. Sleight of Hand lets you hide a Light weapon on your body, which will be relative to your own size. Ride only works for creatures at least 1 size category larger than you.