PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ping-Pong the Nilbog

Macabros
2015-07-24, 11:01 PM
Ok so I actually talked my GM into getting a Nilbog (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/nilbog) character. He is going to be more or less a joke character, some comedic relief and of course be the party beat bag. So when he does something stupid the party can actually slap him around and do no damage.

I was allowed to count him as a Goblin for the purposes of feats, archetypes and so forth.
So my level 1 feat is going to be Roll With It (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/roll-with-it-combat-goblin). Figured this would aid to the punching bag feel of him.

However, I am not sure what else to do with him? What class for example.

As for the Spatio-Temporal Reversal (Ex) ability we have ruled that once you are within the effect of it, you make the save and it lasts 24 hours or till you leave and re-enter the field.

I am talking to him about getting a magic item to suppress the effect, have an effect like selective channel but for his ability so his friends aren't as affected.

So yes I do allow some 3rd Party, but I must run it by the DM first.

Macabros
2015-07-25, 11:28 AM
Update:
I was given the suggestion to focus on Vexing Dodger Rogue, which I think I can do Unchained Rogue.

A goblin used to climb on people and stabby stab with the dagger in their hand.

noob
2015-07-25, 11:48 AM
Well as a class any T1(This means priest or wizard and any non spontaneous caster with spells up to level 9) can do anything you want(including any joke you want).
But you might want a fun class instead of an omnipotent class then at this time you are better off with a class with some way to fumble or with a lot of exploding stuff(explosions are no problem for a nilbog so a nilbog alchemist will not care about carrying unstable explosives and curious acid or basic chemical products)
Rogues are pretty underwhelming on possibilities even with unchained(you just use some skills or jump around someone stabbing it) compared to casters or tinkers(all those guys using various technologies like machinesmith or tinker(my automaton army is doing weird things) or artificier(guess what I have a weird device fire balling everything) or alchemist)
I would still find fun a time thief nilbog(travel through time and have a time wrecking aura)

Macabros
2015-07-25, 12:58 PM
I would love to take Vexing Dodger for a level or so. But I get more benefits the more sneak attack dice I have. And Bombs do not count as Sneak attack.

But the idea of a goblin climbing up your medium sized butt and holding a bomb in front of your face just to explode with you, but he heals from it and it hurts you. Would be funny. Almost cartoonish (I can see the Goblin with black soot on his face)

Vhaidara
2015-07-25, 06:51 PM
I am so confused by this creature.

They aren't immune to the confusion auras of their own race. You are literally going to be confusing the entire party all game.

noob
2015-07-25, 07:19 PM
Confusion aura for confusing everything is pretty cool.
Also there is the house rule at the beginning which means that the nilbog only have to do his save one time per day and so there will be only some days where instead of adventuring the nilbog is confused and do random stuff all the day.

Psyren
2015-07-26, 01:17 AM
I am so confused by this creature.

They aren't immune to the confusion auras of their own race. You are literally going to be confusing the entire party all game.

There's not much to get really - it's a joke monster from older editions that was brought to PF by a third-party developer. It's not really meant to be used in a serious game (especially by PCs) and certainly the designers want nothing to do with it.

Macabros
2015-07-26, 12:19 PM
This is why its a joke character, cartoony in nature with the slapstick design. I honestly considered calling him Slapstick

grarrrg
2015-07-26, 12:26 PM
This is why its a joke character, cartoony in nature with the slapstick design. I honestly considered calling him Slapstick

It's basically a Goblin that cannot die.
Name him Squee.

Macabros
2015-07-26, 12:49 PM
LOL, well he can die to Ability Score Damage, Positive Channeling, Curative Spells, and a number of other things that do not effect life points.