PDA

View Full Version : Arcane hierophant

Nevar
2007-05-03, 10:07 AM
So I'm thinking of playing a druid/Wizard/Arcane Hierophant in my next campaign. I was looking at Races of the Wild and stumbled upon Arcane Hierophant and it really looks like a fun class to play. I mean my animal companion will be much more of a focus and I can get use of having a familiar. Not to mention it will get all the bonuses of being a familiar and companion without the negatives of a familiar dying. As long as I'm reading it right. What do you all think?

Hunter Noventa
2007-05-03, 11:04 AM
We have one of those in my current party and it's pretty nasty. Especially when she starts casting things like shocking grasp and charge of the triceratops on her tiger, who then proceeds to elimate all ribcags in it's path.

Then while the tiger is doing that, she's using lightning bolt and what not. It's very very nasty and fun.

Fourth Tempter
2007-05-03, 11:07 AM
Well, it is superior to the Mystic Theurge. However, be cautioned--playing one from low levels can be a frustrating experience; a Druid 4/Wizard 4 may well find himself unable to aid his party in any significant way. Druid 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 1 (3/3/Mystic Theurge 2 being a superior method of qualification for the Arcane Hierophant) will, likewise, suffer. At higher levels, it's tolerable due to the companion-familiar's combat prowess, but the lower levels are likely to prove quite a pain.

Catch
2007-05-03, 11:08 AM
It's not the most cheesy build in D&D, but it can be quite a bit of fun if that's your playstyle.

Buff your companiliar (familion?) like crazy (yourself too) then shapeshift and wreak bestial havok.

"Corellian Lantherian, it's a lion, get in the wagon! Oh god, there's two!"