PDA

View Full Version : What's Xykon's Hurry?

One Skunk Todd
2007-05-03, 10:19 AM
Xykon in 446:

"time to stop fooling around"
"no time for my usual banter"
"I'm running late"
"I'm going to have to zap and run"
"we have a schedule to keep"

Unusual of him to be so focused especially since in 416 he says:

"they're likely to get upset if we loiter in their throne room for the few weeks it will take to complete the rituals"

So I'm thinking they might be under some time constraint to start the rituals (Moon has to be in the right phase, has to be solstice/equinox, or something like that). Otherwise, why the rush?

TiamatRoar
2007-05-03, 10:23 AM
War Strategy reasons, if I have to guess. Maybe now that that pesky bald guy (whatever his name was) is out of the way, Xykon's finally starting to take the war and Redcloak's plan a little bit more seriously.

jindra34
2007-05-03, 10:24 AM
War Strategy reasons, if I have to guess. Maybe now that that pesky bald guy (whatever his name was) is out of the way, Xykon's finally starting to take the war and Redcloak's plan a little bit more seriously.

Or maybe he wants to watch a show...

Threeshades
2007-05-03, 10:25 AM
Xykon in 446:

"time to stop fooling around"
"no time for my usual banter"
"I'm running late"
"I'm going to have to zap and run"
"we have a schedule to keep"

Unusual of him to be so focused especially since in 416 he says:

"they're likely to get upset if we loiter in their throne room for the few weeks it will take to complete the rituals"

So I'm thinking they might be under some time constraint to start the rituals (Moon has to be in the right phase, has to be solstice/equinox, or something like that). Otherwise, why the rush?
Redcloak established a plan for Xykon to build a second line behind the defenses. And Xykon was just fooling around with Roy all the time, so he had to catch up with his schedule.

Probably they wanted to establish something like a Hammer and Anvil move. So, the main army clashes into the defenders forces just at the same time when the zombies attack from the back.

RVallant
2007-05-03, 10:26 AM
Cos Rich is bored of the whole war and is using Xykon's "solo-own everything" mini-story to get on with it? >_>

Who knows? :D

TiamatRoar
2007-05-03, 10:33 AM

Yea, he'd better hurry or he'll miss the season premiere of All My Bones.

SteveMB
2007-05-03, 10:49 AM
Yeah, probably a Jerry Springer episode about biophilia or something like that....

Hinton
2007-05-03, 10:49 AM
Yea, he'd better hurry or he'll miss the season premiere of All My Bones.

And here I had him figured for Days Of Our Unlives fan.

BardicLasher
2007-05-03, 10:51 AM
Why you guys thinking of complex shows? He's a Trekkie, and DS9's on in an hour.

Wulfmaster
2007-05-03, 11:57 AM
He doesn't need to hurry to catch a show, don't forget he has Tevo!

MaxKaladin
2007-05-03, 12:04 PM
My theory is that he needs the gate to do his rituals and he's worried someone will blow this gate up like the last one. Thus, he wants to capture and hold the gate so that nobody can destroy it in spite once it's clear the city is going to fall.

Kreistor
2007-05-03, 06:31 PM
Well, he needs to get to the throne room. He has set the Mystic Theurge on creating a squad of undead at the castle, but Xykon's focused on getting to the gate.

Xykon needed a good guy to touch Dorukan's Gate to get it to work for him, and he didn't try to force that event through domination magics. He tried to fool the OotS into doing that for him. Either Xykon has found a new way to use the gate, or he still needs a willing good guy.

So what can he do in the Throne Room? He can create a distraction, but Xykon generally isn't up for being the second stringer. He must have some kind of trick up his sleeve. And with the OotS on the wall, they're out of position to stop Xykon. So whatever it is, someone else has to stop him, and I don't see any names in the area that would have the power to. (I don't think O-Chul is enough.)

jindra34
2007-05-03, 06:33 PM
Well, he needs to get to the throne room. He has set the Mystic Theurge on creating a squad of undead at the castle, but Xykon's focused on getting to the gate.

Xykon needed a good guy to touch Dorukan's Gate to get it to work for him, and he didn't try to force that event through domination magics. He tried to fool the OotS into doing that for him. Either Xykon has found a new way to use the gate, or he still needs a willing good guy.

So what can he do in the Throne Room? He can create a distraction, but Xykon generally isn't up for being the second stringer. He must have some kind of trick up his sleeve. And with the OotS on the wall, they're out of position to stop Xykon. So whatever it is, someone else has to stop him, and I don't see any names in the area that would have the power to.

Remeber that Dorukan was the only one who thought his gate would fall into evil hands... I doubt Soon put such an activation restriction on his gate.

Thorin
2007-05-03, 11:15 PM
I really haven´t noticed that Xykon was hurried. It might be for some extra reason tahn Redcloak´s planning. Can´t wait to know :D

Tharr
2007-05-04, 02:37 AM
The Spiderman 3 movie.
Come on get real.

Silverlocke980
2007-05-04, 02:40 AM
Xykon may be in a hurry for some plan of his we don't know about yet... it is bloody weird for the man to be so focused, since he pretty much ignores everything thrown at him, the world around him, and common sense.

(Being level 20 can do that to you.)

So I say, super-evil-master-plan.

Kresalak
2007-05-04, 08:49 AM
Tharr is right; Xykon wants to finish this war in time to catch a late showing of Spiderman 3.

Valley
2007-05-04, 10:19 AM
Maybe Redcloak and Xyhon are worried about Azure's allies? Even a small group of allies could cause trouble if they hit the attackers from behind. Also Azure is a seaport and, therefore, reinforcements could start arriving at any hour.

Once Xyhon, Redcloak, and their army capture the city it would be very hard to remove them. But right now the battle could go either way, depending on how fast more Azure soldiers or allies get to the battlefield.

ObadiahtheSlim
2007-05-04, 10:48 AM
Nah, he just wants to catch the climatic ending of Frudu and the cursed Ming.

BardicLasher
2007-05-04, 03:10 PM
How about "impatience?"

Jonzac
2007-05-04, 03:13 PM
Na, the criminal show "Bones"

happyturtle
2007-05-04, 03:49 PM
He's in a hurry because he knows if it takes too long he'll get bored with that whole 'ruling the world' lark. :xykon:

(And no, that was not meant to be serious. Much.)

the_tick_rules
2007-05-04, 03:51 PM
How about "impatience?"

yeah for being an undead he hasn't learned patience has he?

Pantler
2007-05-04, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that he wants to dabble with the gate while not having Redcloak around. They obviously don't trust each other.

Gygaxphobia
2007-05-04, 05:56 PM
There's a syzygy or some planetary conjunction that he has to do the gate-ritual to coincide with?

His fly spell will run out?

Rich is doing a Mary Sue with his favourite NPC? :D

Tomitsu
2007-05-04, 06:31 PM
He's super-powerful and practically indestructible, so he doesn't see a point in waiting around. He's the ideal choice to secure the sapphire, as someone already pointed out.

Or he's just hankering for a chance to pulverize some paladins, go figure.

SteveDJ
2007-05-04, 07:45 PM
His fly spell will run out?

I registered just so I could pose the same idea, yet before I can make my first-ever post, I already get ninja'd for the first time. :smallsmile:

But, I still go with that idea -- Xykon hadn't expected to be dragonless at this point, so maybe his flight time is running out sooner than originally planned.

jindra34
2007-05-04, 07:46 PM
Maybe Xykon just wants to be on the throne when the rest of the army arrives...

jindra34
2007-05-04, 10:40 PM
He was in a hurry cause the ball o' insanity would wear off soon is my guess...

EricDerKonig
2007-05-04, 10:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that he wants to dabble with the gate while not having Redcloak around. They obviously don't trust each other.

That's my guess.
I doubt its spell duration limits, since he's pretty high level so those spells will stick around for a while. I think he has about 18 hours on his flight spell, for example.

Demented
2007-05-04, 11:30 PM

He just couldn't wait to try out his new trick. Could you?

Mewtarthio
2007-05-04, 11:44 PM

The ball o' insanity lasts for well over two hours after it first gets activated. And the timer doesn't start until it gets triggered.

Lemur
2007-05-04, 11:58 PM
Here's another hypothesis:

Xykon wants to get to the gate before Redcloak. It's possible that Redcloak has different things in mind for the gate than Xykon does, seeing how he's a "bearer of the crimson mantle" who seeks to "undo all creation". Xykon, on the other hand, likes the world, and doesn't want it destroyed so that he can keep screwing around in it. So just in case, he decides to head in now, rather than waiting for the army, and Redcloak along with it, to get involved.

It's not an entirely solid idea, however. It doesn't explain why Redcloak would be fine with the initial plan of Xykon sneaking in to the gate while invisible. Unless Redcloak didn't think that Xykon would be able to keep himself concealed long enough in the first place, Xykon loving a good show as he does.

Anyway, just a thought.