PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Warhammer 40k

arixe
2015-07-25, 08:36 PM
So I've been wanting to do this for a while but I've been building this in my head so I've decided to put on paper so to speak. So basically if there's interest I'll slap this on the recruitment form and turn it into a game. First I'm an old d20 fan I tried modern and it sucked bad so I was thinking a more pathfinder approach. With high character customization, lots of alien shooty goodness, a high player count and all the fun of the 40k experience. I'm not a subject matter expert but I've played a whole lot of the games and have a small nid swarm.

First I'll start with classes

Your basic space marine thinking a ranger like class with fighting styles melee and range focuses to emulate the assault and devistators.

level

scouts will be high mobility ranged Rouge like class.with precision damage
effectively your vehicle healer they restore structure points to vehicle also can equip multiple light weapons
your healer uses injections to keep everyone alive
not so good with psionics so I'll probably just rip off the psion.

I'm gonna focus on getting the space marines made and the basics done I hope I can play test a sortie. So if there's enough interest please feel free to post suggestions or ideas

By the way working from tablet so updates will come slowly

Jormengand
2015-07-25, 08:43 PM
This may interest you. (http://www.reocities.com/Area51/neptune/5963/)

arixe
2015-07-25, 08:47 PM
Interesting I'd like to try it but d20 modern is not that fun honestly and his core rule book is a dead link

The Mentalist
2015-07-27, 08:48 AM
As one of the many side projects orbiting my Sigged project I've been working on some 40k stuff that would be deemed heresy by a lot of people. Stuff like exploring all kinds of gene-seed mutations, grafting Tyranids to Chaos Marines, Imperial Supersoldiers that aren't the classic space marine, all sorts of stuff. There have been many attempts to pull 40k into d20, some with just re-skins some with entire overhauls. My additions are going to be (hopefully) modular enough to add to all of them.

On a more practical and more helpful note, I see the Marines are kind of your starting point and mine is exactly the opposite, I'm more reaching from the "antagonists", though with such a GRIMDARK setting that's a hard word to use. I may be able to help you with some Necron, Tyranid, and Ork stuff.

www.1d4chan.org These guys also have some excellent stuff on Warhammer, both with stat ideas and non-canon fluff.