PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need help finding a quest

Pygomi
2015-07-26, 01:49 AM
(Note: I'm really sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area, I'm new and this is my first post) Does anybody have a recommendation for a driven quest for second level players. My group consists of a sorcerer, an archivist, a scout, and an artificer. Each level 2. Also, this is my first game DMing. Also, the players seem to dislike dungeon-crawls, but they'll play through them.

ksbsnowowl
2015-07-26, 02:56 AM
What do you mean by "driven quest?"

Obviously, you're looking for something that isn't a dungeon crawl. If you are running Eberron (based upon one of your PC's being an artificer, I'm guessing you might be), a great non-dungeon-crawl 4th level adventure is Whisper of the Vampire's Blade. It only works in a world like Eberron, though (lightning rails and flying airships are a big part of it). But you are racing across the continent, chasing after a rogue spy. I'm hoping that meets your desire for a "driven quest."

Shadows of the Last War is a decent 2nd level Eberron adventure that is only about 1/3 dungeon crawl, and it is a very unconventional dungeon crawl at that. You could run it and lead right into WotVB, as they were originally part of the same intended campaign arc (though they don't have to be run together). The PC's are sent to hunt down a MacGuffin in a secret magical research facility, but they have to first go to a site where they can decipher the location of the secret facility... and beat out others who are looking for the same thing.

Pygomi
2015-07-26, 12:09 PM
Thank you so much! I'm really new to all of this and I was having a really hard time finding quests and I really appreciate your help

ksbsnowowl
2015-07-26, 12:13 PM
I'll try to think of other ones, but it would help if you better explained what you want out of a module. You just want it to not be a dungeon crawl? Or are you looking for something more specific?

It would also help if you would clarify what setting you are using. Eberron versus "generic-homebrew-fantasy-world" are going to require very different answers for the suggestions to be at all helpful for you.