PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PFS] Oracle Dip for my Bloodrager

Vhaidara
2015-07-26, 12:49 PM
So, I was looking into ways to get Diplomacy as a class skill for my Bloodrager in Pathfinder Society to expand my out of combat utility. And I looked at Oracle. And it looks BEAUTIFUL for a dip. I am losing a point of BAB and a hit point (PFS uses average), along with a few rounds of rage (I currently have over 20 and rarely use more than 10), and it does delay my Bloodrage powers.

What do I get out of this? I'm currently planning to grab Lore Mystery and Lame Curse
1. All knowledges as class skills. My Bloodrager actually already have a rank in all the knowledge skills, so yes, this does help a lot.
2. Sidestep Secret: Cha mod replaces Dex Mod for AC and Reflex. So that will boost up my AC normally, will reward when I grab a Cha item eventually, and means that Enlarge Person doesn't hurt my AC as much.
3. I get a lot more wand utility out of the Oracle spell list
4. I get access to Orisons, such as Detect Magic (not having that has been REALLY annoying)
5. Lame Curse means that I don't have to worry about fatigue (and, at level 19, should that happen, can wear medium armor while moving at full speed). My Bloodrager fast movement negates the penalty from Lame

EDIT: Opinions?

EDIT 2: here's the sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=214175), if anyone is curious

Kurald Galain
2015-07-26, 02:44 PM
Go for dual cursed... misfortune is an amazing ability!

Vhaidara
2015-07-26, 02:57 PM
It is quite nice, but it isn't nearly as fitting with the character, forces me to take a second curse that wont get progressed (and none of them look as nice as Lame), and it removes my mystery skills (which costs me +3 to all knowledge skills, which are INSANELY useful in PFS)

Geddy2112
2015-07-26, 09:14 PM
I think an oracle dip is exactly what the doctor ordered. In addition to all of the benefits you have listed below, you sure up your will save with a nice +2. Sidestep secret makes you a bit less MAD, but it still won't help your initiative and CMD. Still probably your best choice for a power; what spells are you looking at for orisons and 1st levels? Detect magic and create water are probably the best orisons, while light, mending, read magic, and guidance are all decent choices. Embrace destiny and protection from evil are useful first level spells.