PDA

View Full Version : make me a god bot

Gambitspades
2015-07-26, 04:49 PM
So i want to play a warforged for the first time.
All books allowed. and a free LA +2
i want him to be tanky....can people help me out?

2015-07-26, 05:35 PM
What level of optimization are you looking for?

IronicGentleman
2015-07-26, 05:56 PM
As above. I can give you something with actual LA more like 4, but it has LA 2. I can give you class choice, feat choice, maneuver/spell choice, whatever. It all depends on what you want.

Malroth
2015-07-26, 06:05 PM
Egoist Psion with Share pain and Vigor shared on his psycrystal metamorphed into a collosal animated adamantine statue.

Prime32
2015-07-26, 06:56 PM
Apply the dragonborn and saint templates, take Adamantine Body and enter Warforged Juggernaut. Enjoy being immune to everything.

IronicGentleman
2015-07-26, 07:00 PM
Apply the dragonborn and saint templates, take Adamantine Body and enter Warforged Juggernaut. Enjoy being immune to everything.

You're forgetting Half-Minotaur with the "magical experiment" justification (it's a stretch, but a hilarious one), followed by Incarnate Construct. You're not immune to everything anymore, but you are the most terrifying Hulk Smasher on the block.

DMVerdandi
2015-07-26, 08:49 PM
So i want to play a warforged for the first time.
All books allowed. and a free LA +2
i want him to be tanky....can people help me out?

Warforged
cleric 8/Divine Disciple 5/Contemplative 1/Cleric 6
>>>

Here's the hook. It is a robot cleric, worshiping the god-machine, trying to become a robot god.

Take the Mechanus Planar domain, and Spontaneous domain casting.
At level 12, and 14 it gets access to new domains.
At level 12 take warforged domain, and at level 14 take Magic Domain

See if you can get Lost Tradition(INT). Then you will realize the divine "spark", through logic and analysis.

Like, it's got SO much robot flavor. A literal Deus ex Machina

Also, with the ability to spontaneously cast off of the Mechanus list, it has a lot of spells that will keep you even more tanky.

Must have feats.
Lost Tradition(though it's third party so you might not get it)
Spontaneous Domains[the feat, not the class feature]
Extend spell
Persistent spell
Quicken Spell
Smiting spell
Heighten spell