PDA

View Full Version : Druid of Gond?

CyberThread
2015-07-26, 06:02 PM
Am pulling my GM's hair a bit trying to stretch this one. So here me out...

A druid who invents things from native ingredients, not so much of industry but rather the harvest of the natural world and the exploration of mixing and creating new items from it? A druid not dedicated so much to the balance of nature but rather the growth and usages of it?

SharkForce
2015-07-26, 07:03 PM
from my perspective, a druid of gond would probably be interested in the evolution of living things, improving their ability to survive in new environments or enhancing the effectiveness of their existing abilities or even adding new abilities, all using biological tools and such.

that could include both animals and plants, for the record... and it doesn't necessarily have to involve unnatural mutations or magical alteration. people have bred both animals and plants to develop desired traits for quite some time; for example, in canada it is only possible for us to grow wheat because early on breeders developed a strain of wheat that took fewer days to mature and ripen so that it could survive in canada's shorter growing season.

Naanomi
2015-07-26, 07:18 PM
Expiremental Botany, selective breeding, growing schedules for improved agriculture, improving plows, tinkering clockwork tractors; all Gondian stuff.

CyberThread
2015-07-26, 07:22 PM
How hard do you think this would veer away from the typical druid oaths?

Ninja_Prawn
2015-07-27, 12:33 AM
How hard do you think this would veer away from the typical druid oaths?

Depends on the exact details of the setting, but for me it's a pretty big 'veering'. You'd be an outcast among druids, possibly to the extent that some would be trying to hunt you down. You should check with your DM what's going on with the shadow druids. They're certainly radical enough to be a problem for you.

The clerics of Gond would probably think you were a weirdo as well, but you're not really a threat to their creed.