PDA

View Full Version : Best RPG Anime System

alchemyprime
2007-05-03, 02:32 PM
What is the best system for an anime role-playing game? Should one use the Tri-Stat system, the GURPS system, the d20 system, d20 anime system, or some other rpg system?
If we use D&D rules, or Unearthed Arcana, should we use Eberron, Forgotten Realms, SpellJammer, Dark Sun or DragonLance as our setting?
We want to be able to pull off many of the nifty tricks that characters such as Dark (DNAngel), Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin), Yuusuke (Yuu Yuu Hakusho) and others can pull off.
Or rather, they do. I just DM/GM everything.

Tellah
2007-05-03, 02:35 PM
Big Eyes, Small Mouth is designed specifically for anime-style games. Tri-Stat is a more general reworking of BESM mechanics.

TheThan
2007-05-03, 03:08 PM
Just use a diceless system, that way people can do all sorts of crazy stuff without worrying about loosing because of rolls.

Khoran
2007-05-03, 03:21 PM
Big Eyes, Small Mouth is designed specifically for anime-style games. Tri-Stat is a more general reworking of BESM mechanics.

BESM is always good for anime RP. Though, I'll give you a warning: Do not do "High Powered" games. There is far too much wiffing going on durring combat. If memory serves, it wasn't that hard that someone would need to critical in order to hit you.

Also, BESM d20 is a good system for Anime RP, if you want to stick to a d20 game.

Pauwel
2007-05-03, 04:59 PM
Mutants and Masterminds 2nd Ed. works well for me.

WhiteHarness
2007-05-03, 05:39 PM
Anima is by far the best set of rules out there for "anime-"style play.

www.animarpg.com

Indon
2007-05-03, 06:17 PM
I have a soft spot in my heart for Exalted for that sort of thing (though sadly, I've not had an opportunity to use the 2'nd edition yet).

Exalted is, on the downside, pretty strongly attached to its' environment; modding it for a campaign too far removed from the world provided in the books would be a good bit of work.

Edit: It is good for the above-mentioned 'high-powered' combat.