PDA

View Full Version : Good Weapon Ability Choices

kalos72
2015-07-26, 11:16 PM
So my guys are running the Neverwinter campaign now and were discussing some good weapon special abilities and thought that holy and magebane would make a potent weapon considering all the potential enemies in this storyline, Netherese, Thavian, Aboleth, Drow, Orc, Demons/Devils.

My main player was thinking of making 2 daggers of dancing to throw out to help protect his flanks while then running the Holy Magebane Longsword as his primary.

Thoughts?

tiornys
2015-07-26, 11:37 PM
Are you sure you meant to be in the 4e forum? I'm not seeing "Magebane" in the 4E compendium, Dancing weapons in 4e don't protect your flanks, and stacking multiple weapon enhancements on a single weapon isn't something that happens in 4e.

ScrivenerofDoom
2015-07-27, 11:05 AM
Yeah, these are 3.5E terms and, even then, you would have to be about level 20 to afford some of these.

So, yes, if your DM is going to let you have this stuff in a Neverwinter campaign just say "Yes!" and then "Thanks!". :)

kalos72
2015-07-28, 12:13 PM
Yeah sorry, I am not very familiar with all the 4E changes since I onyl have the Neverwinter and FR Campaign books so far.

We play a sort of modified game I guess, 4E timeline/story 3.5 ish rules mostly.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

GPuzzle
2015-07-28, 01:14 PM
Well, there are many, many, many changes. I reccomend you grab either the "Heroes of..." line of books, or the Player's Handbooks (simpler and more 3e-esque versus more options). Adventurer's Vault doesn't go bad either for both DM and Player. Monster's Vault or MM3 are also good choices for the DM thanks to the monsters, but there's MM3 on a Business Card which means that you can make any enemy you want within a few seconds. A DM screen for 4e is also pretty helpful.

georgie_leech
2015-07-28, 02:26 PM
If you're just taking the setting from 4e, posting in the 3.5 forum would be much more likely to be helpful. They're two very distinct games.