PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Sword of the Hunt [3.5 magical weapon]

gooddragon1
2015-07-27, 04:30 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

The Mentalist
2015-07-27, 09:26 AM
No bow option?

Also, I feel like +4 to initiative is a big draw for a weapon. I need to pull out my Magic Item Compendium again but the effects of a (not at all bad) feat on a weapon is pretty nice for that price. Acting first isn't a big deal for classes that should be stereotypical sword wielders but I worry about it. I may have spent way too much time on the Char-Op boards but I'm seeing a Psion or any other caster that can avoid using their hands making sure that they act first by holding two. Maybe make it typed? Or doesn't stack with Improved Init? Or both? Or neither really. It's still an epic (as in cool, not over powered) weapon.

gooddragon1
2015-07-27, 05:57 PM
No bow option?

Also, I feel like +4 to initiative is a big draw for a weapon. I need to pull out my Magic Item Compendium again but the effects of a (not at all bad) feat on a weapon is pretty nice for that price. Acting first isn't a big deal for classes that should be stereotypical sword wielders but I worry about it. I may have spent way too much time on the Char-Op boards but I'm seeing a Psion or any other caster that can avoid using their hands making sure that they act first by holding two. Maybe make it typed? Or doesn't stack with Improved Init? Or both? Or neither really. It's still an epic (as in cool, not over powered) weapon.

Didn't think of someone holding two/made it a luck bonus.

As for the bow, I originally just thought of something that could be both a sword and a spear in a way like a sunblade is two kinds of weapons. It fit with a theme of hunting so that's what I went with. Wanted to make it low cost-ish so I went with a few additions, but not as much as a sunblade has.