PDA

View Full Version : Modified Magic

LordOfCain
2015-07-27, 10:08 AM
I want to create a campaign with more primitive kind of magic. Wizards age three times as fast because their magic drains them. And instead of magic, they can use hellfire blasts which do 4d6 DMG for 1d4 Con damage temp. These blasts increase by d6 every two levels and they get some necromancy spells related to undead and draining energy. Clerics have to pray for an hour for one spell, the same list. And the rest comes from expensive rituals like requiring you to pour poisons on gold to use lesser planar ally. 1 ft^3 of gold.

Ralanr
2015-07-27, 12:01 PM
What game is this for?

LudicSavant
2015-07-27, 12:37 PM
I want to create a campaign with more primitive kind of magic. Wizards age three times as fast because their magic drains them. And instead of magic, they can use hellfire blasts which do 4d6 DMG for 1d4 Con damage temp. These blasts increase by d6 every two levels and they get some necromancy spells related to undead and draining energy. Clerics have to pray for an hour for one spell, the same list. And the rest comes from expensive rituals like requiring you to pour poisons on gold to use lesser planar ally. 1 ft^3 of gold.

You need over a thousand pounds of gold to cast Lesser Planar Ally?

LibraryOgre
2015-07-27, 01:01 PM
As others have said, you need to indicate what game you're considering this for, either in the OP or in the tags for the thread.

That said, assuming you're looking at a 3.x system, it may be that you want something like Warlocks for your wizards. You might also mine the 2e supplement "Spells and Magic" for alternate casting systems.