PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help with feat choice or possible prestige class 3.5e

RothgirFellhall
2015-07-27, 04:30 PM
So I'm playing a sorcerer at the moment, and am looking to see what I'm going to do with my level 6 feat and the possibility of prestige classes.

I just reached lvl 4, human male CG, for feats I took versatile spellcaster (scorching ray), fiery burst and flash casting. Basically I permanently kept my scorching ray in reserve so from lvl 1 I could do 2d6 dmg in a 10ft burst, every round forever (supernatural ability too, frankly I'm shocked the DM agreed!).
Notable spells - Magic missile, grease, enlarge person and Scorching ray.
RP wise I'm a bubbly, naive, gullible and fiery (pun intended) young sorcerer who just wants to beat the bad guys, whose learning the hard way that life isn't fair and the good guys don't always win.

So far I've been pretty broken (at least as broken as you can get without getting to pun-pun levels and the group hating you) but now I've got 2nd level spells my ability isn't as good as it once was and I'm looking for the next thing, but I accept I may have ruined my future possibilities through my early feat choices. I am willing to drop optimisation in favour of flavour, especially if it comes with a visual representation of 'getting more powerful'. I'm able to use any of the official 3.5 books, dragon magazine needs individual permission from DM, homebrew is a no go. I have been prematurely given permission to take the 'dragon heritage' feat at lvl 6 despite the requirement for being lvl 1, so long as I take Brass. Ideally I don't want to lose any spellcasting levels as you'd expect, but would be willing if the benefits are worth it.

So what do you think!

Flickerdart
2015-07-27, 04:32 PM
If all you want are better lasers, Bloodline of Fire gives you +2 CL for fire spells, which would stack with +1 CL to fire spells from Fiery Burst. That'd give you CL9 at level 6 when casting fire spells, which is not too shabby.

nijineko
2015-07-27, 11:09 PM
strongly consider picking up a few sorcerer specific spells: wings of cover, wings of flurry, those two might spells that increases your effective size category for damage purposes.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-07-27, 11:15 PM
Do the Ancestral Relic Runestaff (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?267805-Sorcerer-Handbook#4) trick. Make it an Elvencraft (Composite) Longbow (RotW), which counts as both a quarterstaff and a longbow. You'll need to buy masterwork three times for it, but you should also be able to put three wand chambers from Dungeonscape in it.