PDA

View Full Version : Belkar - Prophecy Fulfilled?

Drekhan
2007-05-03, 05:34 PM
So in 331 Belkar asks if he gets to cause the death of any of the following: Miko, Miko's horse, Roy, V, or the kobald.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html

Since Belkar gave Roy the ring that made it possible for Roy to make the jump, which lead to his death, does that count as Belkar cauing Roy's death?

jindra34
2007-05-03, 05:35 PM
We Are Not Discussing This.

Ariko
2007-05-03, 05:37 PM
Yup..Already been brought up quite a few times in the forums since Roy's death (and before it in the form of predictions of death by falling) though

Darkxarth
2007-05-03, 05:37 PM
We Are Not Discussing This.

The point is that this has been heavily discussed already and is a current topic of annoyance for many board members.

You should try to find one of the other threads and discuss it there. :smallwink:

skywalker
2007-05-03, 05:38 PM
THAT'S CLEVER!

Jindra, might I ask why not?

jindra34
2007-05-03, 05:43 PM
THAT'S CLEVER!

Jindra, might I ask why not?

It quickly devolves into pointless non-effective semantics between two hyper entreched people.

Kreistor
2007-05-03, 05:46 PM
The Giant must know by now that this issue is a major argument. He will clarify at some point, hopefully soon. In the end, it does not matter what we think the answer to this question is: the Giant must answer this question for us or we will never know the answer.

Tredrick
2007-05-03, 06:23 PM
Yes, it is. Not because of Roy's death, but because one of the Hobgoblin's he killed was also named Roy.

Belkar was not specific, now was he?

:smallbiggrin:

Gaelbert
2007-05-03, 06:25 PM
Yes, it is. Not because of Roy's death, but because one of the Hobgoblin's he killed was also named Roy.

Belkar was not specific, now was he?

:smallbiggrin:

If that was true and :belkar: figured it out, then :belkar: would probably go for another visit to the oracle, with less benign intentions.

DrivinAllNight
2007-05-04, 12:03 AM
in 331 he was told he would cause the death of one of them, and in 435 as he is falling and killing the arrow guy, he says "gods, and to think, I bet on someone's life or death with you! ugh!", this I would assume is the bet in regards to Roy jumping off the castle to get Xykon.
So if this is true, then :belkar: has caused the death of :roy:

Ogenki
2007-05-04, 12:23 AM
Suppose the oracle shows up and goes "You fufilled the prophecy Belkar and caused the death of Roy." What will that really solve? Some people still refuse to believe Belkar's chaotic evil.

DrivinAllNight
2007-05-04, 12:26 AM
it would solve nothing more than proving it true, no one ever said a question to an oracle had to be profound, could have been something as simple as the weather, or like V's ? of total arcane power.