PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Infernal Origin Sorcerer [PEACH]

DracoKnight
2015-07-27, 06:18 PM
Here's my homebrew for an Infernal Bloodline Sorcerer (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B66RprYE6_HHSlBUTmY2Uk1GU0k/view?usp=sharing), for those players who don't think that the Wild Mage, Draconic Sorcerer, or Stormborn fit their character concept. Happy gaming :D

BRKNdevil
2015-07-27, 07:17 PM
So are you going with the bonus spells as known or as added to the list? because apparently people have issue with setting it as known

DracoKnight
2015-07-27, 07:23 PM
So are you going with the bonus spells as known or as added to the list? because apparently people have issue with setting it as known

They are known. Or added to the list. Whatever the DM who uses this would like to have it as. At my table, they will be known.

JNAProductions
2015-07-27, 07:26 PM
Fiendish Blessing is flat out superior to Dragon Scales (or whatever it's called). That could do with a minor nerf.

Infernal Wrath is a bit strong. Hellish Rebuke at will is a tad much, though Inflict Wounds is okay.

Other than that, all seems to be good.

DracoKnight
2015-07-27, 07:31 PM
Infernal Wrath is a bit strong. Hellish Rebuke at will is a tad much, though Inflict Wounds is okay.

How is Inflict Wounds okay, but not Hellish Rebuke? Inflict Wounds is 3d10, and Hellish Rebuke is 2d10. And at 11th level, Fire Bolt and other cantrips that scale by 1d10 are all 3d10.

Thanks for your feedback, it is as valued as always JNAProductions :D

JNAProductions
2015-07-27, 07:33 PM
Hellish Rebuke is a reaction, while Inflict Wounds is an action. It basically lets you use spells constantly when normally you could not.

DracoKnight
2015-07-27, 07:35 PM
Hellish Rebuke is a reaction, while Inflict Wounds is an action. It basically lets you use spells constantly when normally you could not.

That is true.

However, it's not terribly different from the Stormborn's aura is it? Except that it's when you get attacked, instead of when you cast a spell...

JNAProductions
2015-07-27, 07:39 PM
I don't know how it stacks up against the UA material, but it's a big boost compared to the PHB subclasses.

If it's equal to something Stormborn gets, I guess what's good for WotC is good for me. (Even if many disagree.)

DracoKnight
2015-07-27, 07:41 PM
I don't know how it stacks up against the UA material, but it's a big boost compared to the PHB subclasses.

If it's equal to something Stormborn gets, I guess what's good for WotC is good for me. (Even if many disagree.)

It's both worse and better than the Stormborn's 6th level feature. It just depends on how well you roll. The stormborn sorcerer gets a static amount of damage to everyone within 10 feet of them every time they cast a spell.

JNAProductions
2015-07-27, 07:43 PM
It's totally different, then. One is extra damage when casting a spell, one is a reaction upon taking a hit.

Though on second thought, I think it's okay. It requires 14 levels into a non-frontline class, so it shouldn't be a huge deal.

Snig
2015-07-28, 09:50 AM
Awesome work. If I ever deiced to roll a Sorcerer i'll be using this.

weaseldust
2015-07-28, 12:01 PM
I feel the wings should go at level 14 to match the dragon sorcerer and favoured soul. You could push the at-will spells to level 18, because that's when the wizard gets them. Though Inflict Wounds will never be worth using above level 11, so I'd suggest replacing it with Burning Hands as the second free level 1 spell they get.

Mark of the Abyss doesn't seem like much when the dragon sorcerer can add their charisma mod to damage every turn if they want, and multiple times if they cast a spell like Fireball. You probably want to hand out that free damage more often. Maybe whenever a creature fails a save against one of your spells they take d8 necrotic damage?

Flashy
2015-07-28, 01:39 PM
Mark of the Abyss doesn't seem like much when the dragon sorcerer can add their charisma mod to damage every turn if they want, and multiple times if they cast a spell like Fireball. You probably want to hand out that free damage more often. Maybe whenever a creature fails a save against one of your spells they take d8 necrotic damage?

Could also work as a subtype unique metamagic. Add 1d8 necrotic damage to any spell for a sorcery point.

DracoKnight
2015-07-28, 02:26 PM
I feel the wings should go at level 14 to match the dragon sorcerer and favoured soul. You could push the at-will spells to level 18, because that's when the wizard gets them. Though Inflict Wounds will never be worth using above level 11, so I'd suggest replacing it with Burning Hands as the second free level 1 spell they get.

The reason that they get their wings at 18th level is because it's currently double their walking speed.

Alrighty. I'll change it to this.

DracoKnight
2015-07-28, 02:32 PM
Updated the link in the OP.

Demon Tongue
2015-12-06, 11:18 PM
Don't know if you care about lore all that much but if it is an infernal sorcerer then having the ability called Mark of the Abyss makes no sense. Infernal = Devils and the Nine Hells not the Abyss

ImSAMazing
2015-12-07, 02:04 AM
It looks nice, except Sorcerer's don't have the Find Familiar spell on their spell list. Maybe make it 1/day?