PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Need a PrC that can be entered before level 6 that gives Full BAB

Snowbluff
2015-07-27, 08:40 PM
Thread Title. Doesn't even have to be good.

Pluto!
2015-07-27, 08:46 PM
Dragonmarked has multiple.

The two I remember are Blade of Orien and Storm Sentry. Neither are stellar, but both at least give melee some neat things.

Edit: And that Illithid Slayer clone in Lords of Madness.

Larkas
2015-07-27, 09:26 PM
Dwarf, Half-Orc and Orc Paragon are all Full BAB. Half-Dragon Paragon is too, but it comes with some pesky LA attached.

Nohwl
2015-07-27, 09:27 PM
knight of the raven was great and was easy to enter. what were you trying to build?

True believer
2015-07-27, 09:49 PM
Thayan Knight,dervish,kensai,purple dragon knight,spellsword , streetfighter

Dread_Head
2015-07-28, 07:51 AM
Fist of the Forest can be entered after level 4 and is great. What prerequisites can you meet? Why does it have to be a PrC?

Curmudgeon
2015-07-28, 08:23 AM
Thayan Knight,dervish,kensai,purple dragon knight,spellsword , streetfighter
Nearly all of those require BAB +5 before entering, which means they fail to satisfy the before level 6 requirement. Spellsword has both martial and spellcasting requirements, so that fails as well.

Bloodhound (Complete Adventurer, page 28).
Branch Dancer (Dragon # 310, page 70).

Valwyn
2015-07-28, 08:37 AM
You can qualify for Gnome Giant-slayer with 4 level of fighter. Trade Ride for Tumble and buy the first two ranks in Escape Artist at level 1 and then two more half ranks at levels 2+3.

Nifft
2015-07-28, 08:41 AM
Can be entered before 6th level, hmm... is your mom a prestige class?
(Oh, right, she has neither prestige nor class.)

- - -

Serious answer: Changeling Ranger 4 into Warshaper (at level 5) -- EDIT d'oh, Warshaper is only 3/4 BAB, thanks for the correction.

Thrall of Orcus only requires +4 BAB and 2 ranks in two skills. Not sure if it's worth actually taking, but it's a PrC with full BAB.

Waddacku
2015-07-28, 08:51 AM
Kensai and Warshaper are both 3/4 BAB.

Soldier of Light requires 4 BAB and gives full. It also gets Turning, which is nice on a lot of things.

Curmudgeon
2015-07-28, 09:28 AM
Soldier of Light requires 4 BAB and gives full. It also gets Turning, which is nice on a lot of things.
Nope; it requires BAB +5, like most martial PrCs, so it fails the requirements.

Nifft
2015-07-28, 09:40 AM
Dragonlance has Knight of the Crown which has very low pre-reqs.

LoyalPaladin
2015-07-28, 09:53 AM
Dragonlance has Knight of the Crown which has very low pre-reqs.
I forgot how much I loved the Dragonlance prestige classes...

I have a dream of one day playing a Knight of the Lily.

illyahr
2015-07-28, 10:33 AM

Why does this not surprise me? :smallbiggrin:

Troacctid
2015-07-28, 10:40 AM
Ordained Champion

Fuzzy McCoy
2015-07-28, 10:42 AM
Another from Dragonmarked - Shadow Hunter. Reqs of BAB +4, Hide & Move silently of 4, Least Dragonmark, and proficient with martial weapons.

LoyalPaladin
2015-07-28, 10:44 AM
Not exactly what you're looking for, but since I'm in the game with you, Horizon Walker is close to it and fits the campaign?

Why does this not surprise me? :smallbiggrin:
It's eeeeevil. But honorable.

Snowbluff
2015-07-28, 11:38 AM
Not exactly what you're looking for, but since I'm in the game with you, Horizon Walker is close to it and fits the campaign?

Requires level 5. :l

Rizban
2015-07-28, 11:58 AM
First ones that spring to mind:

Sanctified Mind (Lords of Madness). BAB +4, 2 ranks each in 3 skills, Iron Will, 1pp.
Bloodhound (Complete Adventurer). BAB +4, 4 ranks 3 skills, Endurance, Track.
Fist of the Forest (Complete Champion). BAB +4, 4 ranks 2 skills, 3 feats.
Ordained Champion (Complete Champion). 7 ranks 1 skill, 1st level divine casting.
Paragnostic Initiate (Complete Champion). 2 ranks 3 skills, either BAB +4 OR 7 ranks 1 skill.

LoyalPaladin
2015-07-28, 12:02 PM
Requires level 5. :l
I know. It makes me sad, but I figured I'd throw it out there for you.

Snowbluff
2015-07-28, 12:07 PM
Paragnostic Initiate (Complete Champion). 2 ranks 3 skills, either BAB +4 OR 7 ranks 1 skill.
Finally an answer I can use.

Rizban
2015-07-28, 12:08 PM
Tell us what you're trying to accomplish, and we might be able to offer better suggestions...

Nifft
2015-07-28, 12:12 PM

I must admit, I'm kinda curious about what it's for.

atemu1234
2015-07-28, 12:14 PM

Tell us, tell us, tell us...

Knaight
2015-07-28, 12:27 PM
Tell us what you're trying to accomplish, and we might be able to offer better suggestions...

Can be entered before level 6, full BAB pretty much covers it, it's all that has ruled out the rest of these. I'm guessing it's an e6 scenario, but we don't actually need to know to find the prestige classes in question. We just need to know what they are, which is made somewhat more difficult by how this combination is ridiculously rare.

The Viscount
2015-07-28, 04:36 PM
In the interests of completeness, Forsaker. It's not good for obvious reasons, but if your DM accepts that the class doesn't ban Psionics it can be workable. You can enter as early as level 2 with flaws and human, or take your first level at 4 as a human.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-28, 04:45 PM
Can be entered before level 6, full BAB pretty much covers it, it's all that has ruled out the rest of these. I'm guessing it's an e6 scenario, but we don't actually need to know to find the prestige classes in question. We just need to know what they are, which is made somewhat more difficult by how this combination is ridiculously rare.

It's actually for a gestalt game that Snow and I are in. Snow's got Druid 3/Wizard 1/Druid +1/Arcane Hierophant 3 on one side, and Swordsage 8 on the other. One of the swordsage levels (specifically, the one at character level 5) needs to be replaced with something full BAB to enter Arcane Hierophant at level 6.

Rizban
2015-07-28, 05:05 PM
In gestalt, the easiest way to achieve full BAB is to take a full BAB class at level 1. After that, you're pretty much guaranteed to always gain BAB, so long as you don't start two new classes at the same level. Then it really doesn't matter what classes you take or when.

If you're looking for Inspire Courage shenanigans and full BAB, try the Harmonious Knight paladin ACF from Champions of Valor (or maybe the Web enhancement) that gives Inspire Courage in place of detect evil. Gets you full BAB and can be taken at level 1.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-28, 05:28 PM
In gestalt, the easiest way to achieve full BAB is to take a full BAB class at level 1. After that, you're pretty much guaranteed to always gain BAB, so long as you don't start two new classes at the same level. Then it really doesn't matter what classes you take or when.

We're playing with fractional base attack and saves, so that doesn't work. It probably doesn't work even without fractional bab/saves, but that's a discussion for another thread.

If you're looking for Inspire Courage shenanigans and full BAB, try the Harmonious Knight paladin ACF from Champions of Valor (or maybe the Web enhancement) that gives Inspire Courage in place of detect evil. Gets you full BAB and can be taken at level 1.

That's incompatible with druid due to alignment requirements.

Troacctid
2015-07-28, 05:48 PM
Oh, well, why not just Warblade? Are multiclass penalties an issue?

danzibr
2015-07-28, 06:25 PM
Can be entered before 6th level, hmm... is your mom a prestige class?
(Oh, right, she has neither prestige nor class.)
There's my laugh of the day.

First ones that spring to mind:

Sanctified Mind (Lords of Madness). BAB +4, 2 ranks each in 3 skills, Iron Will, 1pp.
Bloodhound (Complete Adventurer). BAB +4, 4 ranks 3 skills, Endurance, Track.
Fist of the Forest (Complete Champion). BAB +4, 4 ranks 2 skills, 3 feats.
Ordained Champion (Complete Champion). 7 ranks 1 skill, 1st level divine casting.

Paragnostic Initiate (Complete Champion). 2 ranks 3 skills, either BAB +4 OR 7 ranks 1 skill.Finally an answer I can use.
I wonder why Snow mentioned this one in particular.

Rizban
2015-07-29, 07:32 AM

Probably because it was the only one that worked in the build without too much effort.

LoyalPaladin
2015-07-29, 09:14 AM
Somehow I missed that, hahaha.

Snowbluff occasionally shows up in a thread and then slowly backs out the door going "OoOoOoOo~ SpOoKy~". (Which is fairly close to what I do "Is everything lawful in here? No evil? Alright. Carry on.") So we'll probably never know. But I'm going with Rizban's answer.

Jurai
2015-07-29, 09:19 AM
And offers interesting benefits as well. Though I'm not really a fan of Comp. Champ's Prestige Classes.

Lerondiel
2015-07-29, 09:30 AM
Oh, well, why not just Warblade? Are multiclass penalties an issue?

Yes, with all the standard and swift action demand from Arcane Hierophant I'm curious what drew Snowbluff to full Swordsage in the first place?

Jurai
2015-07-29, 09:33 AM

Bah! Get your Dark Knight malarky out of here. Legion of Steel, standing fast!

LoyalPaladin
2015-07-29, 09:36 AM
Bah! Get your Dark Knight malarky out of here. Legion of Steel, standing fast!
It is rare for me to want to play any kind of dark knight, or even neutral characters. But for some reason that class has stuck with me.

Ger. Bessa
2015-07-29, 10:34 AM
The Book of Vile Darkness has a few, among those :

Thrall of Demogorgon
(BBA +4, 2 ranks in 3 skills, 2 feats, must have spells or sneak attack, fluff)
So Hexblade/Duskblade/Paladin of evilness/Ranger/SA fighter for entry.
Great for 4-level dip.

Thrall of Juiblex
(For +6, 5 ranks in Escape Artist, fluff)
So 3 1-level dip and entry at lv 4.

Thrall of Orcus
Similar to Thrall of Demogorgon, but less good (don't say it, you'd make Orcus upset).

marphod
2015-07-29, 11:40 AM
i

Thrall of Orcus
Similar to Thrall of Demogorgon, but less good (don't say it, you'd make Orcus upset).

Vile Darkness. Less Good. Isn't that the Point? *waka waka waka*

----

Barbarian isn't a bad 1 level dip for full BAB. Prestige Ranger, if you don't mind the feat tax.

----

If you are not expecting to go to 20th level, or are okay with only 5th level arcane spells, drop Wizard for Mystic Ranger.

nedz
2015-07-29, 01:55 PM
Branch Dancer (DR310 p70)

Alignment: LG, NG, CG, LN, N, CN.
Balance: 5 ranks.
Climb: 5 ranks.
Know (nature): 5 ranks.
Feats: Track.
Must receive a blessing from a Treant.

Thematic fit with Druid too.

KingSmitty
2015-07-29, 02:07 PM