PDA

View Full Version : Pantheon

sammyp03
2015-07-27, 11:39 PM
Need help coming up with a pantheon for my homebrew world. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated

Vonwalt
2015-07-28, 12:04 AM
Can you give us some information about the campaign setting? what kind of flavor are you going for?

sammyp03
2015-07-28, 12:20 AM
Can you give us some information about the campaign setting? what kind of flavor are you going for?

I'm going for a mid magic setting called arcadia.
If I had to equate it with something, magic would be like a celebrity now a days, where people know about it and believe in magic, but most people go thier whole lives without seeing a wizard or such

redwizard007
2015-07-29, 11:28 AM
Ok, after looking at your related thread I have a few ideas to bounce off you.

1. My favorite idea right now is opposed semi-entities of pure order and entropy of neither good nor evil. I picture a world where clergy are similar to real world religions but the rare true clerics do spring up as saints or the equivalent. The "god's" are so beyond us that their true motives are incomprehensible but they do act through these rare true clerics. I feel like a lower occurrence of clerics fits your world.

2. An elven pantheon being reworked in dwarven images could be fun. Similar to how Rome absorbed Greek gods (and others.) Theoretically the dwarves might raise an obscure god of craft or some such, or a malcontent (Loki-ish) rebel to lead the pantheon. Disputes between elven and dwarven followers of the same god could be epic.

There are always options to build separate pantheons for each major race, but if your elves created the dwarves who then turned on them...