PDA

View Full Version : OOTS neverwinter nights modual

Da Luniz
2007-05-03, 08:02 PM
has anyone tried to recreate the insanity for NWN or NWN2?

ignore the spelling, it doesnt concern you

NeonRonin
2007-05-03, 08:05 PM
I've never played Neverwinter Nights, so I don't know how an OotS adaptation would work. Though I will admit to cringing at the thought of those guys taking on the Tomb of Horrors...

Charity322
2007-05-03, 08:10 PM
It would never work. NWN lacks the most important spell of all, Explosive Runes! :smallbiggrin:

BobTheDog
2007-05-03, 08:12 PM
Is this in the correct board?

Goldfish Lord
2007-05-03, 08:17 PM
It would be hard to make a campaign, as it would totally loose the stick figure premise, but it would certainly be interesting to see, maybe with stick figure portraits, and OOTS style text dialogues.

Milandros
2007-05-03, 09:02 PM
Massive amounts of work required - new stick-figure meshes for all characters and monsters, new simplistic textures and backgrounds - plus without facial animations I'm not sure it would feel right. Half of the admittedly extemely high level of stick-art skill the Giant uses is the ability to get across complex concepts and emotions in simple images.

Also, you'd almost certainly have to get the Giant's permission first, whichj I sincerely doubt he'd give.

Gaelbert
2007-05-03, 11:09 PM
Is this in the correct board?

Seeing as it addresses the videogame as it corresponds to Oots, I would probably say yes.

Jawajoey
2007-05-03, 11:15 PM
I think the point would be to make the characters, story, and major enemies, not meticulously recreate the visual style. It would be silly looking from the high angle perspective anyways.

Aren
2007-05-03, 11:25 PM
*rolls around on the floor laughing*

I SO love this idea. I've been a module coordinator and scripter on several large NWN persistent worlds. If someone could just get me a stick figure hack, I'll do the rest! :biggrin:

Although I do agree... it would look kind of silly from a Top Down Camera angle.

Oh - and we scripted in an Explosive Runes spell on one server! heheheh

Lumenadducere
2007-05-04, 12:07 AM
This would be absolutely awesome, but I think it'd have to be NWN 2 to take advantage of the actual party situation so you can directly control all the characters instead of just one.

Mr Teufel
2007-05-04, 12:18 AM
I'm Mr Teufel, and I love this idea!