PDA

View Full Version : Who will win???

lemmor
2007-05-03, 08:57 PM
I begin reading this story arc thinking that the good guy will come on top again, but now I am begining to think that maybe this round is for Xykon and his retinue... care to comment...

TARINunit9
2007-05-03, 09:13 PM
My guess: Azure city, but barely and at the cost of thousands of lives. In other words, an empty victory, but still a victory

mikeejimbo
2007-05-03, 09:18 PM
I'm rooting for Xykon, but at the moment, I think it's anyone's game.

Er, war.

Tulisin
2007-05-03, 09:44 PM
Plot will lead to the demise of Azure City. You've got the stereotypical fantasy "multiple magical obstacles/goals for the villian".

Think of it like a Final Fantasy game, you learn there are 8 magical crystals the villain needs to destroy to achieve ultimate power. Now, whats the point of fighting the villain before they have ultimate power? You can be darn sure every single one of those is going down in some way before the final confrontation. This is *not* the final confrontation, we have so many places to hit still, so many adventures to have, and that cannot progress without the fall of Azure City. Destruction is, sadly, inevitable.

It is a pretty common convention, I've thought Azure City to be doomed the second Xykon decided to set his sights on it before the other gates.

PlasticSoldier
2007-05-03, 10:02 PM
I personally want xykon to win just because I'm a necromancy fan

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-05-03, 10:06 PM
When evil is victorious it's always more interesting. It just means more story in which the heroes will attempt to overcome the evil.

Then again, it's about time evil won in the end, I hope for it often...

Tiben
2007-05-03, 10:54 PM
Now that Roy is dead there is nobody who can really stand a chance agienst Xykon and with wave after wave of hemen will to die for someting as pointless as making a horse ramp. The bad guys are going to win this fight. Hands down. Unless theres a plot twist.

...which there probbaly will be

...*sigh* Xykon is so styreiotypicaly evil that he HAS to lose no matter how good his odds of winning are.