PDA

View Full Version : Elan's Songs

Gaelbert
2007-05-03, 09:11 PM
Just out of curiousity, what tunes do you try to fit Elan's songs to? I always try to fit them to Row, Row, Row Your Boat, but that doesn't fit very well. I'm talking about the verb, verb, verb, verb the adjective noun.

2007-05-03, 10:02 PM
I always hear that, too. I change the rhythm a bit for the last few words and add some fun voice stuff, but by and large it's row, row, row your boat. I, uh... glad to know I'm not the only one :)

Heh. Bluff the stupid ogre is by far my favorite of that type =D

:elan:

NeonRonin
2007-05-03, 10:20 PM
I never heard 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat' when I was reading Elan's songs. Usually all that came to mind was some spur-of-the-moment musical mishmash, and no song had exactly the same rhythm.

Although if it was set to Row, Row, Row Your Boat, what would the next line be? Hmm... taking us back to the earliest strips, the 'critically wounded Elan' song as set to the Row Your Boat tune:

Clot, clot, cloooot
My bleeding arteriiiees,
Oh, I am in such great pain,
Durkon, help me please?

Does that work? Anyone? Bueller?

denelian
2007-05-03, 10:22 PM
I never heard 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat' when I was reading Elan's songs. Usually all that came to mind was some spur-of-the-moment musical mishmash, and no song had exactly the same rhythm.

Although if it was set to Row, Row, Row Your Boat, what would the next line be? Hmm... taking us back to the earliest strips, the 'critically wounded Elan' song as set to the Row Your Boat tune:

Clot, clot, cloooot
My bleeding arteriiiees,
Oh, I am in such great pain,
Durkon, help me please?

Does that work? Anyone? Bueller?

strangely, that one DOES fit really wel in with "row row row your boat"...

(i do it too. that song or a couple of other childhood dittys)

Thorin
2007-05-03, 10:58 PM
I think that "row row row your boat" would fit elanīs mental score

And because i think elanīs got a childish kind of voice, so it suits perfectly

Jawajoey
2007-05-03, 11:08 PM
It's hard to transcribe a tune without having a good sense of musical notes, but here's my attempt: (higher numbers= higher notes. not to scale)

2 | 4 | 5 | 4-3 | 2 | 1-3
verb | verb | verb | the-blank | blank | nooooun

His songs actually say the verb 4 times not three, but that's the way it always sounds in my head.

BisectedBrioche
2007-05-04, 06:39 AM
To the tune of "Ring ring ring ring [etc] bannana phone! Bannana phone!"

titan_monarch
2007-05-04, 12:16 PM
The tune I hear is:

D |A |D |(rest) |F# |F#-E |D
Verb |Verb |Verb |(rest) |Verb the |adjective |noun!

It doesn't work for some of the longer ones of course. "Bluff bluff bluff the revenge driven kobold" (etc. for like 10 lines) is a case in point.