PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Walker in the Wastes

Pale Sun
2015-07-29, 02:59 AM
Hi, first time posting on this Forum even tho I've been lurking for years.

I'm having trouble deciding what to take before Walker in the Wastes 10 (for Dry Lich)

I'm probably starting Cloistered Cleric 3 then take some levels in WitW then take Levels in other Prestige Classes and finish WitW.

I don't have access to Good-aligned Prestige Classes, but Prestige Paladin can be Prestige Paladin of Tyranny

The Game is going to be a Level 20 One Shot Adventure so it doesn't matter how good the Build is before that and doesn't matter how well the Build progresses into Epic Levels.

I considered:

Cloistered Cleric 3
Divine Oracle 2 or Divine Oracle 1 Contemplative 1
Sovereign Speaker 5 (custom DM setting allows me to get any Domain because there are more Gods with more Domains so the Class is better than in Eberron)
Walker in the Wastes 10

OR

Cloistered Cleric 3
Divine Oracle 4
Prestige Paladin 2 (I'm going to have Charisma in the 40s so it might be good)
Contemplative 1
Walker in the Wastes 10

Elric VIII
2015-07-29, 03:25 AM
Dweomerkeeper is pretty good. You can get into it with just the magical training feat (which grants you 3 arcane cantrips), the magic domain, and some skill ranks. You can't fit all 10 levels into the build, so you don't get any metamagic reduction, but you do get 4 spontaneous spells and 2/day supernatural spells.

Pale Sun
2015-07-29, 03:53 AM
Dweomerkeeper is pretty good. You can get into it with just the magical training feat (which grants you 3 arcane cantrips), the magic domain, and some skill ranks. You can't fit all 10 levels into the build, so you don't get any metamagic reduction, but you do get 4 spontaneous spells and 2/day supernatural spells.

For some reason I didn't think about using the class (maybe because I usually prefer to base the Character around it when I use it - still 7 Levels is quite a chunk of the Build in this case), but Dweomerkeeper seems like an amazing option. Any suggestion as to which spells to add to the mantle?

Elric VIII
2015-07-29, 04:57 PM
When I played a Cleric Dweomerkeeper I put (Greater) Dispel Magic as two of my spontaneous spells, along with the divine defiance feat for immediate-action, spontaneous counterspelling.