PDA

View Full Version : Urban Arcana

Behold_the_Void
2007-05-03, 10:01 PM
I've got a good bit of time to plan this, but I want to get some information well in advance as I do so.

I'm currently setting up an Shadow Chasers-style D20 Modern game with my current group. It will be taking place on our University's campus, and I am allowing all of the advanced classes from the various settings (Agents of Shadow, Agents of Psi, and Urban Arcana, the Shadow Slayer, Occultist, Telepath, Battle Mind, Mage and Acolyte respectively).

The question here is is getting Urban Arcana good for running this setting? I know there are several advanced classes I'd probably give access to, as well as various creatures that I might make use of and new spells and powers I can make use of. It's also a D&D book, and thus expensive by definition.

So what I'm looking for is as much of an overview as I can about the stuff within the book itself, and opinions on the book so I can get a better idea of what I'd be getting before I buy it.

Dhavaer
2007-05-03, 10:04 PM
It has a lot more Shadow monsters, and if you're allowing the Mage the Advanced Classes shouldn't be a problem. It also has a lot of basic stuff that maybe should have been in the Core book, but in any case it's probably worth getting even if you're running a completely non-FX campaign.

Jasdoif
2007-05-03, 10:19 PM
Check out the Arcana stuff in the D20 Modern SRD (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd).