PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions I need Cleared up.

Masakan
2015-07-29, 07:43 PM
1 can you take more than 1 Tactical Feat
and
2.What are your thoughts on the Scorching Sirocco Feat?

Morcleon
2015-07-29, 08:00 PM
1 can you take more than 1 Tactical Feat
and
2.What are your thoughts on the Scorching Sirocco Feat?

1. Yes.
2. It's mediocre and not worth a feat, especially since it requires another poor feat to get it.

Theodred theOld
2015-07-29, 08:03 PM
The white raven tactical feat is much better from what I remember. I'm not with any books right now but I'm positive someone will come along and clarify. If not stand by and I'll be back in a few hours with the details.
ok I just looked it up. Clarion commander offers perpetual flank. Pretty useful stuff.

Masakan
2015-07-29, 08:04 PM
1. Yes.
2. It's mediocre and not worth a feat, especially since it requires another poor feat to get it.

Considering I'm working with a build that effectively requires me to get dodge, I would say DWD isn't that bad...Besides I asked that because I'm dead set on getting Elusive Target and you can't tell me that that isn't at least decent.

eggynack
2015-07-29, 11:10 PM
It's still quite bad. Consider that, even if you subtract a lot of the requirements to activating the feat, you're still not getting quite a feat's value. The first and third abilities basically read, "You deal about 1d6 extra damage to your opponent on an attack," and the second is a really crappy debuff. And that's looking at it charitably. The reality is that the abilities require a lot of setup cost to activate, and actually getting in for that bonus damage could prove impossible in a pretty wide set of circumstances.

Looking at the abilities even closer, they get even worse. The first one is costing your move action in the second round, and that's in a round where you're necessarily adjacent to the target, so you're sacrificing your ability to make a full round attack for that chance at the minor bonus damage. And it is just a chance, unless you've invested a ton into tumble. For the second one, you need to get two attacks of a specific type to hit your opponent in a row, and then make a check in a weird skill. Do you really need to debuff a target that you just hit two rounds in a row? By all rights, if you've built correctly, they should be dead. On the third one, I guess you're kinda purposefully provoking an attack for some reason, and while the chance of success is reasonably high assuming you do that, what you get is marginal compared to the cost of spending all your movement in a specific and risky way. So, quite bad, I think.