PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Negating Death (Tribunes and Treason, Circa don't read this)

ekarney
2015-07-29, 07:50 PM
I'm crafting a BBEG for my Players, I want to use them as a recurring villain who's part in bad things slowly becomes greater over the course of the campaign.

That being said, my players are meticulous hunters and will stop at nothing once they've decided they want to do something, which is pretty admirable. Unfortunately though that means that recurring BBEG's can't really be a thing without them either being able to one shot the players, which I'm not willing to do, or have some way of cheating death once or twice.

I know the Jade Phoenix Mage's capstone can help with this, but that requires a minimum level of around 15.
I could do a Telflammar Shadowlord with a minimum level of 13.
Lich's get their phylactery at level 12 don't they?

I'm looking to start introducing at around level 10 though. Can I get effects similar to this at level 10 or 11?
I do plan on rewarding my players for every successful kill up including the final one.

Anthrowhale
2015-07-29, 09:54 PM
Lich requires a caster level of 11. There are many ways to achieve caster level 11 by character level 10.