PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ideas for a summoning build (Hunter, Feral Hunter)

StygianRose
2015-07-29, 09:10 PM
So I was hoping to find suggestions for a build utilizing the Feral Hunter (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/hunter/archetypes/paizo---hunter-archetypes/feral-hunter) archetype.

My first indication was to use summons as a primary tactic and then rush in beside them. What I couldn't decide was what other features to use along with it besides doing wildshape and such.

Would the Barbarian or Summoner variant multiclasses be useful to me?

I was originally intending to play a Witchwolf skinwalker but I was under the impression that their change-shape ability was considering a Polymorph effect and that meant I would end up not getting half my racial stats when using animal focus or especially wildshaping.

Is there anything else that someone can suggest for this instead? Am I misunderstanding how Wildshape Interacts with Skinwalker? If this is not the case I am probably going to go human to take augment summoning at lv1

grarrrg
2015-07-29, 09:32 PM
My first indication was to use summons as a primary tactic and then rush in beside them. What I couldn't decide was what other features to use along with it besides doing wildshape and such.

Would the Barbarian or Summoner variant multiclasses be useful to me?

VMC-Summoner is really poor until after level 11.
VMC-Barbarian is much better at the lower levels, just remember that you can't do much besides "SMASH BAD THING" while Raging, and watch the Fatigue.

StygianRose
2015-07-29, 09:49 PM
VMC-Summoner is really poor until after level 11.
VMC-Barbarian is much better at the lower levels, just remember that you can't do much besides "SMASH BAD THING" while Raging, and watch the Fatigue.

Would you suggest a different one?

Which rage power might be best for my free one?

I intended to cast a summon at the start of combat and then RAWR SMASH FACE; probably with a natural weapon.