PDA

View Full Version : Crystal and the Paladin...

Icewalker
2007-05-04, 02:11 AM
For those of you with On the Origin of PCs, you may notice that the frontmost paladin on the left side of the screen looks almost identical to Crystal (the assassin who will show up sometime in the future of the strip to kill Haley) except with blue hair and paladin armor/weapons. Just interesting is all.

Silverlocke980
2007-05-04, 02:52 AM
Okay, what?

Since when did an assassin decide to kill Haley?

The heck are you talking about?

JoseB
2007-05-04, 04:58 AM
Okay, what?

Since when did an assassin decide to kill Haley?

The heck are you talking about?

It is explained in the book "On the Origin Of PCs", which publishes strips showing the origin of our favourite band of adventurers, and what the characters were doing before they met each other.

I will answer your particular question in this...

Haley belonged to the Thieves' Guild, but decided to leave it on receiving the letter from Lord Tyrinar demanding 200,000 GP in exchange for granting clemency to her father (letter shown here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0131.html)), because the Guild Boss was taking away most of the profits from her stealing, and she thought she would make more money as a freelance adventurer. However, that displeased the Boss quite a lot, and Haley skipped town before the Boss let loose Crystal (an assassin girl member of the Guild who had an ongoing feud with Haley, with rather bitchy overtones) to kill Haley for daring to go away from the Guild.

(Whew. Long spoiler) :)

Rad
2007-05-04, 06:23 AM
Icewalker, I, for one, would have appreciated a spoiler tag telling that there was some origins plot there...

MReav
2007-05-04, 12:03 PM
For those of you with On the Origin of PCs, you may notice that the frontmost paladin on the left side of the screen looks almost identical to Crystal (the assassin who will show up sometime in the future of the strip to kill Haley) except with blue hair and paladin armor/weapons. Just interesting is all.

There are only so many ways to draw a stick figure. Maybe she's related, but more than likely, she's not.

BardicLasher
2007-05-04, 03:12 PM
Giant reuses a lot of models. That probably IS Crystal's head slightly altered, but I'm sure it's not supposed to be Crystal.

I mean, I think I see the comedy center of Haley's brain in there. (Purpl hair on the left) And one of the front and center Pallies ooks like Sir Francois' with a goatee.

Thrawn183
2007-05-04, 07:34 PM
Dude, you seriously need to work on your spoiler skills. I really didn't want to know that!

This is me on displeasure :smallfurious: