PDA

View Full Version : Blablabla - Smartphone something

DiBastet
2015-07-30, 04:49 AM
Woke up to peach some homebrews and saw a lot of these posts here. What happened? :smallbiggrin:

Xuldarinar
2015-07-30, 05:10 AM
We keep getting those. It is rather distressing, because it means that the creatures posting them at least believe that enough people are clicking on the links they post from here to warrant them to continue making accounts here, at least some of which of questionable legality. I wish an IP ban was an option, or make it so one cannot post functioning links below a certain rank on this site, but nothing is perfect in that regard.

To be honest I was clicking on this to report with the rest but.. since I saw it was a remark on this problem and not of this problem, I felt it worth commenting.

nonsi
2015-07-30, 05:27 AM
We keep getting those. It is rather distressing, because it means that the creatures posting them at least believe that enough people are clicking on the links they post from here to warrant them to continue making accounts here, at least some of which of questionable legality. I wish an IP ban was an option, or make it so one cannot post functioning links below a certain rank on this site, but nothing is perfect in that regard.

To be honest I was clicking on this to report with the rest but.. since I saw it was a remark on this problem and not of this problem, I felt it worth commenting.

Actually, pixies not being able to post active links is not a bad idea at all.
One could always put links in the message. If it's intriguing enough, people will copy-paste the URLs.
It'll just make sure that accidental clicking don't feed the trolls and give incentives to continue making accounts.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-07-30, 05:35 AM
Yeah, all we can do at the moment is keep reporting them. I wonder why the homebrew forum gets it so much worse than the others?

LibraryOgre
2015-07-30, 08:39 AM
The Mod Wonder: I only had to kill 8 in the forum this morning. It's been pretty light, recently. IME, Homebrew does not get more than the others; that goes to Gaming (though I don't sweep every forum). I suspect it is because homebrew has the second greatest number of threads. Also, please do not comment on spam; report it, and someone will be by to clean it up when they're able.