PDA

View Full Version : Character Concept Help

Falcos
2015-07-30, 05:10 AM
Hi all! Today I come bearing a character concept that I'm trying to match to as many appropriate gameplay conventions as possible (class, race, etc), and I want the help of the Playground's collective brain!

So: A character, born to non-adventurer parents, is kidnapped the day after birth! The kidnappers are Faeries (I don't know what the most appropriate Fey race to be responsible is, but it's based on the old mythology of the Fae stealing babies away). The concept has them raised by the Faeries in question until adulthood, where they set out into the world as a spellcaster of natural magic, focusing on ice, winter, cold, death, etc. All the nice Unseelie things from the mythology again.

So, I need ideas for:
A class for the character.
A race for the character.
And a Faerie race to be the kidnappers.

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you all in advance. :)

2015-07-30, 05:19 AM
Human is, as always, a decent choice for race. The Unseelie Fey template may or may not be appropriate, depending on how much your character's been affected by their upbringing. Half-Fey is probably similarly YMMV, and both are pretty good for Cha casters. Speaking of which...

Bard (or Savage Bard, if you prefer) fit wonderfully for a "child" of the faery folk. Alternatively, Sorcerer could better fit your character concept of a magical master. If you'd prefer divine casting, I suggest the Spirit Shaman and just refluff spirits as being Fey in origin.

Not sure what specific unseelie fey race to suggest as the kidnappers, since most of the ones I'm familiar with in D&D canon are more likely to have you for dinner than have you over for dinner, but it's whatever.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-07-30, 06:38 AM
I'd recommend something that uses the Druid spell list for the type of spellcasting you want. Druid itself is always a strong choice, if you don't think Wild Shape would be fitting then maybe use the Deadly Hunter (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druid) variant or even the Spirit Shaman class in Complete Divine.

prufock
2015-07-30, 01:34 PM
Stongheart halfling warlock (chaotic, fey-induced powers) would wotk thematically. They have some invocations that have a cold flavour as well.