PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

JDulle
2015-07-30, 06:22 AM
I need some help from the RPG community. I'm writing a paper on religion and Tabletop Role-Playing Games and I'm trying to collect data on themes players and GMs tend to associate with the various genres of RPGs. If you would be willing to help me out, please click the link below to get to the survey I've created for this purpose.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TTRPGs-2015

If you would like the survey results once they're compiled, I'd be happy to provide those to you; just send an email to [email protected] and I'll forward you the results once I have them.

Thanks,

--John Dulle

BWR
2015-07-30, 08:00 AM
I'm not really sure what point 6 was intended to discover. Could you enlighten me or would that be ruining the point of the survey?
It seemed too vague and meaningless to me.

JDulle
2015-07-30, 08:05 AM
#6 is to determine whether certain themes tend to be associated with particular genres of games. If someone only plays fantasy games, they would likely associate all the themes with fantasy, but if one has played multiple genres, certain themes may be more strongly linked to one genre over another in their mind/experience.

Also up until about a 5 minutes ago, #6 wasn't behaving properly -- it should be fixed now.

BWR
2015-07-30, 08:12 AM
Guess it's just my own biases and experience showing because I didn't really associate one theme or element more strongly with one type of game than another except in rather obvious ways (hopefully you'll find more humor in humorous games than in horror games). There may be certain tendencies I haven't noticed.

Garimeth
2015-07-30, 09:27 AM
#6 is to determine whether certain themes tend to be associated with particular genres of games. If someone only plays fantasy games, they would likely associate all the themes with fantasy, but if one has played multiple genres, certain themes may be more strongly linked to one genre over another in their mind/experience.

Also up until about a 5 minutes ago, #6 wasn't behaving properly -- it should be fixed now.

Nah, still messed up, keeps saying I need to answer it still. Despite having triple checked that I filled in all fields. Also for me at least your idea of 6 proved true, more than half the fields ended up being cross-genre, and I've played most genres of TTRPGs.

I'll leave the browser page open and try to submit again in a bit. What is the thesis of your paper ooc?

JDulle
2015-07-31, 12:24 PM
Not sure why it'd be misbehaving. After fixing the initial column vs row problem, I haven't heard of any other issues.

What is the thesis of your paper ooc?

It'll be an examination of how we might engage with role-playing games theologically and practical applications that might issue from doing so.

MrStabby
2015-07-31, 07:38 PM
Responded - but given my narrow experience I worry it may not be that helpful.

nedz
2015-08-01, 04:34 PM
OK — did this.
#6 did seem a bit pointless though.

JDulle
2015-10-12, 05:25 AM
If you're interested in the results of the survey, they can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2R1iJ6GS-OoM2l4QTZxd1Bod28&usp=sharing

MrStabby
2015-10-12, 11:34 AM
So to ask the big question... What are your conclusions?