PDA

View Full Version : Swashbuckler rogue level up options

Shnigda
2015-07-30, 06:45 AM
Hey guys, this was in a different thread, but I think it should have it's own thread.

I am about to level up to level 7 in a rogue build (rogue5/swashbuckler1) but am unsure what feat to take (TWF rogue planning on dipping shadow dancer for HiPS as soon as possible). I've heard that daring outlaw is good?
Current feats: Weapon Finesse, TWF (ITWF included as homebrew), Craven, Combat Reflexes, Dodge (PF version)

Also, what feats, items and classes should I be looking at for future level ups?
Had a look at the handbook and Bunko's and the 3.5 essential items, but still unsure.

EDIT: Just for clarity, we are playing 3.5 with a bit of homebrew, but nothing relevant aside from the Dodge change and feats at odd levels

Darrin
2015-07-30, 07:38 AM
I've heard that daring outlaw is good?

It depends on the optimization level of the rest of the group. For TWF, bonus damage is a little underwhelming, and it suffers from the same issues any Sneak Attack build has.

Also, what feats, items and classes should I be looking at for future level ups?
Had a look at the handbook and Bunko's and the 3.5 essential items, but still unsure.

I'm a big fan of Staggering Strike (Complete Adventurer) and Double Hit (Miniatures Handbook). If you don't have it already, Travel Devotion lets you move + full attack for 10 rounds. Take it multiple times, if need be.

TWF OffHandbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?279079) has more advice, although I don't really cover Pathfinder.