PDA

View Full Version : Dark Cloak... [Spoiler]

OmadaZero
2007-05-04, 03:19 AM
Ok, we all have seen number 447 and seen the paladin who has a darker tone of blue than the others. So I decided to create a discussion thread about him/her. Why have a darker shade than the others? Why keep the hood up? There are a lot of questions here, let's see what we can come up with!

Callista
2007-05-04, 04:13 AM
Wild speculation? Sounds like fun!

1. He's not human. Maybe he's an orc or something, and he's a paladin because the Sapphire Guard killed his parents and had to raise him. So he grew up hating his own race and wears the cloak so it's not so obvious he isn't human.

2. He's a NINJA!! ...what? Most of us didn't Spot him at first. I know I didn't.

3. He looks really creepy because he got hit with Vile damage, and he's wearing the cloak so nobody has to look at him.

4. The cloak just looks really, really cool. As in, Cloak of Charisma +X. The extra save bonus could come in handy!

5. Waay back when, when he was just a 1st level paladin in his first battle, he got hit with red dragon's breath and it scared him so much he ran away and deserted. Then he came to his senses and came back; but as part of his atonement he agreed not to get rid of the scars the fire left. He's wearing a cloak because he thinks it's really mean to scare all the little kids.

6. It's MIKO!!! ... or her doppelganger, anyway, because she's still in prison.

Raziel3024
2007-05-04, 05:59 AM
Miko Clones?

Threeshades
2007-05-04, 06:03 AM
The cloak has nothing to say. There is also a girl with a white cloak and the guy with the bandana has a very light blue, the archer next to him a dark blue again. (all of those mentioned in the background near the throne)

BisectedBrioche
2007-05-04, 06:36 AM
Obscuring your face gives a +2 circumstance bonus to all attack roles and intimidate checks.

mebyon
2007-05-04, 06:45 AM
It looks a little like Belkar's cloak, if he wasn't outside standing on a hobgoblin heap i'd say it was him... any sign of stilts?

Omicroncubed
2007-05-04, 07:15 AM
I doesn't look ask much as Belkar's cloak... Remember that the cloak Belkar had was the same colour as the normal paladin cloak... At least I think so... Maybe some orc that survived from the first place which I don't remember the name of and tried to find his master. Namely Xykon :xykon:

BisectedBrioche
2007-05-04, 07:21 AM
2. He's a NINJA!! ...what? Most of us didn't Spot him at first. I know I didn't.

Wouldn't a palidin ninja be contradictory? Seeing as stabbing people in the back with a poisened knife for money isn't particularly lawful?

Callista
2007-05-04, 09:37 AM
Well, who says he's a paladin at all? maybe he's a ninja who's sold out to xykon or something. :P

(Yeah, I know, I'm stretching it.)

jindra34
2007-05-04, 09:50 AM
My vote is 'Not A Ninja'. i konw ninjas and dark cloak is not one. A ninja would be on the ceiling above the windows. With a club.

mockingbyrd7
2007-05-04, 09:56 AM
I assume you're talking about the guy by the throne with the "angry" eyes, looking straight at us, with a glowing black katana and a blue skullcap and a grey cape? Oh, yeah, that guy's awesome. I have a feeling we'll see him again.

...Or are we talking about someone else? If so, please point him out.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-04, 09:58 AM
Yes, yes yes. There are loads of Paladins with odd things about them. One has an axe, some have differant colour swords. Some have helmets, some have their hoods up, some don't even have cloaks.

The real question is, where's Wally?

Albonor
2007-05-04, 11:46 AM
Come on! If Dark Cloak Guy is someone we already know, it's Kidnapping guy! We don't know who he was before this kidnaping. It may be his atonement. After all, who knows if some other deal went on before or after the offer made to the other prisonners?

skywalker
2007-05-04, 11:56 AM
I wanna know what's up with the dude with the visor. That thing looks funky.

Only guy I've ever seen in OotS with his eyes covered...

Irbis
2007-05-04, 12:00 PM
You are forgetting the seer which was attacked by the Xykon's dragon first ;)

Glome
2007-05-04, 12:02 PM
Wouldn't a palidin ninja be contradictory? Seeing as stabbing people in the back with a poisened knife for money isn't particularly lawful?

by dnd rules, you could create a paladin/ninja. It would make certainly make for a interesting character to roleplay. I assume you would be stabbing people in the back with a poisoned knife because they were evil and not for money though.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-05-04, 02:45 PM
It's Belkar's cloak. So, someone is obviously in disguise. It might be Belkar, or maybe even Shojo. That would be cool.

Deckmaster
2007-05-04, 03:11 PM
This is the first time I've seen a paladin with an axe...and a longbow, and an eyepatch, and a bandana and...

The amount of variety present here is probably meant to signify that these paladins all have slightly different backgrounds.

Also, I'm not sure they are all paladins. Some of them look like cloistered clerics.

Also, why do some of them have blue and purple hair?

BardicLasher
2007-05-04, 03:20 PM
Maybe it's a totally badass Greyguard.

Demented
2007-05-04, 03:46 PM
Heh. It must be the "Ominous Planning-To-Steal-Your-Soul Paladin".

Wonder how many other Paladins could be given awkward names...

BisectedBrioche
2007-05-05, 02:50 PM
Oh noes, s/he's dead.

Sage in the Playground
2007-05-05, 02:54 PM
My vote is 'Not A Ninja'. i konw ninjas and dark cloak is not one. A ninja would be on the ceiling above the windows. With a club.

No. A club isn't bladed enough to meet Ninja Awesome Standards (NAS). No ninja would ever use one.

jindra34
2007-05-05, 02:56 PM
No. A club isn't bladed enough to meet Ninja Awesome Standards (NAS). No ninja would ever use one.

Ah... but ninjas i've known are smart enough to throw out the standards when it becomes a handicap...
But my point was that there were no Ninjas in sight

Sage in the Playground
2007-05-05, 03:12 PM
Ah... but ninjas i've known are smart enough to throw out the standards when it becomes a handicap...
But my point was that there were no Ninjas in sight

HAH! They'd be kicked out of ninjahood if they did that!

Raziel3024
2007-05-05, 03:16 PM
I don't think (s)he was affected by the ball/symbal

They said"Wait,stop!What are you doing-!"

That and (s)he is still cloaked so that we can't see if there are Xs on their eyes.

Demented
2007-05-05, 03:23 PM
S/he had a cloak, thus s/he would have had a little extra difficulty seeing the bouncy ball. Hence less need to make a save. =P

K2
2007-05-05, 03:25 PM
Hes a grey-gaurd, and thus darker than the rest

Twisted Otaku
2007-05-05, 03:49 PM
Yes, yes yes. There are loads of Paladins with odd things about them. One has an axe, some have differant colour swords. Some have helmets, some have their hoods up, some don't even have cloaks.

The real question is, where's Wally?

you mean where's Waldo? or did they change the name of the books or something?

Studoku
2007-05-05, 03:54 PM
you mean where's Waldo? or did they change the name of the books or something?

In USA it's Waldo, in England it's Wally.

skywalker
2007-05-06, 10:36 AM
You are forgetting the seer which was attacked by the Xykon's dragon first ;)

First GUY I've seen wearing a visor.

=)

Threeshades
2007-05-06, 11:07 AM
In USA it's Waldo, in England it's Wally.

and in germany its Walter

BisectedBrioche
2007-05-08, 05:23 AM
I thought Wally was just a nickname for Walter anyway.