PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Halfling Wereboar Berserkers, Elf Wererat Mages, and more Lycanthropes

JamesIntrocaso
2015-07-30, 07:29 AM
So I made a few lycanthropes for a one-shot, short adventure I'm writing, but I'd love some feedback. Take a look and let me know what you think! Happy Gen Con to those here!

http://worldbuilderblog.me/2015/07/30/the-wererat-den-part-ii/

It's all in a free PDF on my site if you like the suckers and want to keep 'em.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-07-30, 08:03 AM
Pretty cool! I want to double-check the CRs, because at a glance they look high, but maybe there are some devils in the details.

It'll be a few hours before I can get all the books out though...

Ralanr
2015-07-30, 08:13 AM
Same.

It's funny but I keep thinking that lycanthropes have resistance rather than immunity sometimes. It makes them basically impossible to kill without magic or silver. Forced myself to change it at the last minute when I realized the wererat boss danger to my players.

That was a rookie DM mistake on my part (I rarely DM).

Ninja_Prawn
2015-07-30, 03:44 PM
Ok, I've had a chance to run the numbers. I get:

Wereboar, Halfling Berserker
CR 5 Agree

Wererat, Elf
CR 1 Disagree

Wererat, Elf Mage
CR 7 Agree

Wererat, Halfling
CR 1 Disagree

Werewolf, Elf
CR 3 Agree

Overall, the damage immunities make a huge difference to the CRs. That's why they looked low to me at first. Whether the 'civilians' come out at CR 1 or 2 probably isn't that important, since they look so much like cannon fodder.

Ralanr
2015-07-30, 07:17 PM
I'm not sure if you should keep the lucky trait on halfing lycanthropes. It's saved my friend's wizard character a lot of times and having it on an enemy might be very powerful.

Though it is just if they get a natural one, so it can't come up too often. I hope you plan on having silver be close by for the PC's (more for the non magical characters).

Otherwise I got nothing. Looks ok.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-07-31, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure if you should keep the lucky trait on halfing lycanthropes. It's saved my friend's wizard character a lot of times and having it on an enemy might be very powerful.

Though it is just if they get a natural one, so it can't come up too often.

Yeah, compared to Legendary Resistance, it looks like nothing. If I were DMing, I'd probably ignore the Lucky trait, because it's more effort than it's worth to keep track of it. I'm not suggesting the author cut it though - it's easier to ignore what I don't like than add in something that's missing.

JamesIntrocaso
2015-08-02, 12:04 AM
This is super duper helpful. Thank you!