PDA

View Full Version : Robopaladin?

Pvednes
2007-05-04, 04:22 AM
One of the Sapphire Guards appears to be robopaladin.

"Undead or alive, you are coming with me!"

Izodor
2007-05-04, 04:50 AM
That is just samurai armor....

Grendita
2007-05-04, 05:05 AM
It still doesn't bypass the fact that Xykon is Screwed....
He can't take on that Many Badass Paladins...

Well he can.... but I don't think he should be able too

Tomitsu
2007-05-04, 05:09 AM

That would be so cool.

"Your round, creep."

storybookknight
2007-05-04, 05:18 AM
Once had an Eberron game revolving around this idea. A Warforged was the main character, and had been 'programmed' - really, more like 'conditioned' to act like a paladin without really having been told why... and the process of this was having him run through a cruel parody of a D&D module by some weird wizard. Then he escapes. Hilarity ensues.

Athelian
2007-05-04, 05:25 AM
Just watch the next comic be an outside view of the Throne Room, with a few muffled noises, then Xykon flying out the third, unbroken window. =P

I know an 18th level sorcerer is a complete hard ass, buuut... If those Paladins are of a high enough level, with more than enough magic weapons... They may be able to take him.

Dectilon
2007-05-04, 06:01 AM
AoE? : ) I don't know what kind of AoE-spells a lich carries generally, but the number of opponents in a closed space can mean next to nothing if they never get to act ~~

Grendita
2007-05-04, 06:18 AM
They seem to have already acted, or at least have inititive... O-Chul is in the middle of a charge Action it seems.

PsyBlade
2007-05-04, 06:42 PM
It'd be neat to have Robocop in there. Oh well, guess we'll just have to settle for Robopaladin.

Axl_Rose
2007-05-04, 07:19 PM
That is just samurai armor....
Obviously, the man was just kidding around~

And yeah, a robo-samurai thing with a reference to terminator would be hilarious haha

Jawajoey
2007-05-04, 07:40 PM

Bwahaha! Awesome.

Yeah, robopaladin is pretty cool. But if robocop was there, geez. Game over Xykon. :smallwink:

Tolkien_Freak
2007-05-04, 08:49 PM
Armour, but armour that looks like robo-thingies.

Heh, this reminds me of something, my school had a 4th-grade medieval thing today, and there was some kid with a full-face Teutonic-looking helm (with only the eye-slits, single piece of steel (or plastic)). It was funny, he looked like a midget Teuton warrior.

Mr._Blinky
2007-05-04, 09:08 PM
Just watch the next comic be an outside view of the Throne Room, with a few muffled noises, then Xykon flying out the third, unbroken window. =P

I know an 18th level sorcerer is a complete hard ass, buuut... If those Paladins are of a high enough level, with more than enough magic weapons... They may be able to take him.
But none of them have bludgeoning weapons, meaning he has DR 15 against them, magic weapons or no.

Also, if that was Robopaladin, I think the SG would actually stand a chance.:smallcool:

Grod_The_Giant
2007-05-04, 09:12 PM
that does look like robocop's visor.

I get the reference! In one Diskworld book, a golem is recruited to the police force. On his first arrest, he arrests a vampire with these exact words:

"Undead Or Alive, You Are Coming With Me."

do I win a cookie?

NovaSeaker
2007-05-04, 09:31 PM

Magic Weapons? Man, even if he somehow shattered all their weapons at once, he'd still be screwed.

One of my favorite moments in my first DnD campaign ever was using Lay on Hands for the first time ever to destroy a wight.

Look at all those paladins. Calculate all that positive energy damage. On a touch attack. No save.

jindra34
2007-05-04, 09:32 PM

I get the reference! In one Diskworld book, a golem is recruited to the police force. On his first arrest, he arrests a vampire with these exact words:

do I win a cookie?

no you win a biscut. 1 hard tack biscut.

Pvednes
2007-05-05, 12:00 PM

do I win a cookie?

Good work.

Robopaladin should have totally got at least one line. :smallmad:

Pvednes
2007-05-08, 09:49 PM
"Jesus...had days like this"

Awesome! He's back baby!

Icewalker
2007-05-08, 09:53 PM
There's more than one of em!

jindra34
2007-05-08, 09:55 PM
jesus is no longer unique.... Yeah.... er... boo... err... hmm... what is the proper response to that fact...

Gleanerizer
2007-05-08, 10:02 PM
Yeah, but the new one is more indigo-ish, and doesn't have the shield. Maybe Robopaladin's estranged gay uncle?

elliott20
2007-05-08, 10:10 PM
or maybe it's his lover.