PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars drugs and chems in Star Wars

PastorofMuppets
2015-07-30, 09:53 AM
One of my players is very knowledgeable in chemistry and medicines and was trying to come up with several types of drug as a way for the group to make money. primarily this is going to be where the supply of money from his crime lord class will come from in terms of story but he also wants to occasionally make things for group use and I am not sure of what difficulty there should be.

The first one he wants to make is for the mission they are currently on where they have to retrieve several friendly Mercenaries from a sabotage operation that has gone bad. Specifically to use on one of those mercs which was spotted fleeing the scene and has a bounty on him alive or dead and they want the dead cash by giving him a drug to fake his death. I can't find a starting point for coming up with a build cost or time or anything and would love some help. Also we are in SWD20 revised but if a different book set has it stuff can be adapted from other versions i'm sure.

Also for the future combat stimms and the like would be nice to know about too.

LibraryOgre
2015-07-30, 02:24 PM
You might borrow from Knights of the Old Republic

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic/Stimulants

Those don't have prices listed, but I'd use those as a base for drugs or battle type improvements.

PastorofMuppets
2015-08-01, 09:26 AM
Thanks for that starting point, I am thinking maybe I could treat them as like a purchasable rage effect, they last 4-7 rounds based on a con check and after there may be some kind of withdrawal based on another con/fort check? There has to be some downside or they would be a standard issue item rather than a thing some soldiers turn to but most don't. Still not sure on pricing but I am thinking it can't be too high for these things as soldiers are supposed to be able to afford them well enough to have addictions form, and soldiers don't generally ear a great paycheck in this universe.

Wraith
2015-08-03, 02:55 PM
I've recently started an Edge of Empire game where the prevailing plot is to find and/or create a cheap alternative to Bacta, as our crime boss sponsor wants to break the monopoly held over the real thing.

It's shaping up to be a fairly long and somewhat dangerous campaign as we're effectively stealing a patent from one of the richest families in the Galaxy for our own benefit. Is this the sort of thing you had in mind? All PCs like cheap healing items, after all, and you can have all sorts of fun with side effects and the likes if they haven't quite got the recipe down....