PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Fey and dragonblood subtype?

amdskitzo
2015-07-30, 10:09 AM
Hey all,

As the title suggests, is it possible to have the Fey type and Dragonblood type? Basically, I am working on a charisma centric Bard/archer build and would like to qualify for both Charming the arrow and Dragonfire inspiration.

I found the unseelie fey template and was thinking of applying it to one of the dragonblooded races from Dragon Magic(either Silverbrow Human or Forestlord elf), but wasn't sure if once I apply the fey template, the race would lose the dragonblood subtype.

Fouredged Sword
2015-07-30, 10:17 AM
I see nothing about losing the dragonblooded subtype. You should become Fay (dragonblooded).

As for an explanation...

Dragons breed with EVERYTHING!

amdskitzo
2015-07-30, 10:21 AM
Oh, so instead of being Elf or Human(dragonblooded), I would become Fey(Dragonblooded)? damn, I was getting my type/subtypes mixed up. Too many tabs open lol

Inevitability
2015-07-30, 10:35 AM
Oh, so instead of being Elf or Human(dragonblooded), I would become Fey(Dragonblooded)? damn, I was getting my type/subtypes mixed up. Too many tabs open lol

First you'd be a Humanoid (elf, dragonblooded). Afterwards you'd be a Fey (elf, dragonblooded).

Fouredged Sword
2015-07-30, 10:40 AM
Yeah, once you pick up a subtype, it stays with you until something removes it.

A silverbrow human is Humanoid (Human, Dragonblooded). If something changes your type to Fae, you are Fae (Human, Dragonblooded).

This is important because you still qualify for human only feats (Able learner).