PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A What changes? Silent Image emulating Summon Monster (shadowcraft Mage)

Johnboy
2015-07-30, 02:00 PM
Using the ability from Shadowcraft Mage called Shadow Illusion, you can use a figment spell (Silent Image) to emulate any wizard or sorcerer spell with the school of Evocation, Conjuration Summoning or Conjuration Creation. I know I can use a Heightened Silent Image to emulate Summon Monster Spells, but what changes exactly? Does the Duration for the Silent Image change to ROund per level or does it remain at concentration? I know the school remains as an illusion but the subschool changes to Shadow. I cant seem to locate the rules on this anywhere specifically. Even checked the Rules of The Game ARchives and reread the "All about Illusions" articles 1-4. Also, what about casting time? Is it still the standard action for silent image?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated, if you can please site your sources.

frogglesmash
2015-07-30, 03:03 PM
It says right in shadow illusions descriptive text that it works exactly like shadow conjuration or shadow evocation (depending which is appropriate) meaning that it works in all ways (duration, spell resistance, saving throws etc) like the spell you're emulating except where shadow conjuration/evocation specify otherwise.

Psyren
2015-07-30, 03:45 PM
You wouldn't want Silent Image's duration anyway - that's concentration, which eats up your actions.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-07-30, 06:00 PM
You wouldn't want Silent Image's duration anyway - that's concentration, which eats up your actions.

"The altered spell functions identically to the shadow conjuration or shadow evocation spell, except that the spell’s strength equals 10% per level of the figment spell used."

Shadow Evocation/Conjuration use the duration of the spell being mimicked, so a Shadow Illusion would do the same.

Psyren
2015-07-30, 07:08 PM
"The altered spell functions identically to the shadow conjuration or shadow evocation spell, except that the spell’s strength equals 10% per level of the figment spell used."

Shadow Evocation/Conjuration use the duration of the spell being mimicked, so a Shadow Illusion would do the same.

I know that - he was asking which it was, and I was saying that he wouldn't want it to stick with the silent image duration.