PDA

View Full Version : Back to cantrips? Spoilers?

Albonor
2007-05-04, 10:10 AM
In the second to last pannel of comic 113

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0113.html

Eugene tells Roy he'll be "back to cantrips" in a week. Soooo...Roy DID start, at least for a while, learning magic?

It's a pretty long shot but, COULD he have a level as a wizard but is ashamed of it? Probably not but it is a big argument in favor of "Roy WILL take a level as a wizard".

Your thoughts?

Glome
2007-05-04, 12:07 PM
he's smart enough to become a wizard, and even has a little training (maybe ranks in spellcraft?), but Roy would never become a wizard. There would be just too much loss of pride for him to become a mage now. Plus, it wouldn't do him any good at this point anyway, if he's going to change class it should probably be a prestige or at least another warrior type class.

Alex Kidd
2007-05-04, 12:11 PM
I don't think he will, but it could be cool if he gained one before he started to rebel against Eugene, and has hidden it as a dark secret.

Green Bean
2007-05-04, 12:23 PM
I saw it as more of a, 'you'll be going back to trying to learn cantrips'. Roy has too much of his father in him to multiclass.

Finwe
2007-05-04, 02:20 PM
Its possible that he has a backstory feat allowing him access to one or two cantrips, but I doubt it's a whole level in wizard.

Vargtass
2007-05-04, 02:35 PM
In On the Origins of PC's Roy at least demonstrates ranks in Spellcraft (Did I stutter? My favorite line btw) but I do not think he is anything more (EDIT: else! Anything else!) than Fighter...

theinsulabot
2007-05-04, 11:29 PM
if he had a level of wizard, he would have always kept feather fall prepared, its practically the only min level spell that retains its usefulness at roy's level. and judging from strip 443, i would gather he didnt have feather fall prepared. so i rather doubt he has any levels of wizard