PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a monster I can't quite remember

Yora
2015-07-31, 06:50 AM
I remember seeing a monster in an RPG book a while ago, but I don't have the slightest clue what game or setting it was for.

The monster is a big fish creature that lives in some kind of sunken underwater city to guard the magic that is burried there from intruders. It had a nice picture showing one circling above the ruins seen from above, with others visible in the distance. It was dark green in color and I think looked a bit like an aboleth from D&D, but I am completely certain that it was a different creature.

Anyone remember this thing?

Milo v3
2015-07-31, 08:10 AM
My only memory of something like that was from Dragonlance, in which case it was a black dragon guarding the magic filled flooded city of elves... But it's unlikely to have been from dragonlance

GungHo
2015-07-31, 09:52 AM
I remember seeing a monster in an RPG book a while ago, but I don't have the slightest clue what game or setting it was for.

The monster is a big fish creature that lives in some kind of sunken underwater city to guard the magic that is burried there from intruders. It had a nice picture showing one circling above the ruins seen from above, with others visible in the distance. It was dark green in color and I think looked a bit like an aboleth from D&D, but I am completely certain that it was a different creature.

Anyone remember this thing?
My list of suspects, given that I'm at work and have no access to materials.

Unfettered Krakens were in the 4th edition Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. They were essentially flying giant squids. There was an illustration of a bunch of them flying around some sunken ruins.

The only other aboleth-looking creature I'm aware of is some of the illustrations of Qlippoth Dagon, but it's usually just Dagon and not aboleths or other creatures.