PDA

View Full Version : Sim/IA immune to mind control?

kalos72
2015-07-31, 10:17 AM
Since the very nature of spell references "absolute command" over them, would something like an Aboleths "Enslave" work on them or are they immune?

ryu
2015-07-31, 01:41 PM
Since the very nature of spell references "absolute command" over them, would something like an Aboleths "Enslave" work on them or are they immune?

Effectively? The aboleth is incapable of countermanding the original casters orders, Totally capable of giving orders that don't conflict though. This is why I dispose of and replace any such spell minions affected by this and similar effects. I could be paranoid enough to outplay the aboleth at effectively red light green light, but aint nobody got time for that.

kalos72
2015-07-31, 01:50 PM
"Once we enter this room, you will assist me in attacking my target at all times." Assuming you dont get enslaved yourself, seems straight forward no?

ryu
2015-07-31, 01:52 PM
"Once we enter this room, you will assist me in attacking my target at all times." Assuming you dont get enslaved yourself, seems straight forward no?

For THAT MOMENT in THAT ROOM maybe. Do you have any idea the kinds of horrible things you can do to people with conditional orders and hidden motives? It's just not worth the trouble. Not even a little.