View Full Version : By RAW can you be a vampire werewolf ninja / dread pirate?

ericgrau
2015-08-01, 12:27 PM
Can you? Just curious. Vampire werewolf seems to work if you take vampire 2nd. And I'm assuming dread pirate isn't too strict.

Also might be tempted to play one without telling everyone in the group. I wouldn't hide it, but I would let them figure it out and then groan about it. Would also have to brush up on my tropes and play to all 4 stereotypes, while being loathed by all 4 groups.

P.F.
2015-08-01, 01:13 PM
Can you? Just curious. Vampire werewolf seems to work if you take vampire 2nd. And I'm assuming dread pirate isn't too strict.

Also might be tempted to play one without telling everyone in the group. I wouldn't hide it, but I would let them figure it out and then groan about it. Would also have to brush up on my tropes and play to all 4 stereotypes, while being loathed by all 4 groups.

The level adjust on this is going to be absurd, though.

Troacctid
2015-08-01, 01:20 PM
That would be +10 LA, right? Not including racial HD. So if you're okay with being 10 or more levels below your party members, sure. They'll probably figure out something is up when the first enemy attack drops you in one hit, though.

P.F.
2015-08-01, 01:22 PM
Also you won't get the benefit of combined damage reduction since both are vulnerable to silver.

ericgrau
2015-08-01, 03:03 PM
Jeebus I forgot vampires were LA +8. Are there any milder alternatives?

martixy
2015-08-01, 03:05 PM
Yes, a sensible DM with a sense of humor and an appreciation for the rule-of-cool.

This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?394344-Optional-Gestalt-LA-gestalting&p=18696663) is one option.

Extra Anchovies
2015-08-01, 03:07 PM
Dhampir (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-dhampir), maybe? They're half-vampires, and don't have any level adjustment.

ericgrau
2015-08-01, 03:09 PM
Though while easy to drop vampires are hard to destroy. And a ghost step ninja especially wouldn't get attacked often. So it would be more like participating in 90% of fights and not participating in 10%, then returning 2 hours later after those. And only escaped foes or heavy handed DMs would actually hunt down the coffin. Still LA +8 is a pain in the butt to work with regardless.

Dhampir sounds good. Anything that is technically a vampire works for the joke.

Vhaidara
2015-08-01, 04:10 PM
Consider going Warforged with Human Heritage, then contract werewolf, then get vamped.

Now you're a Robot Vampire Werewolf Ninja Pirate

Telonius
2015-08-01, 04:32 PM
Consider going Warforged with Human Heritage, then contract werewolf, then get vamped.

Now you're a Robot Vampire Werewolf Ninja Pirate

Needs Druid/Warlock, so you can be a Robot Vampire Werewolf Ninja Pirate Transformer that shoots laser beams.

Vhaidara
2015-08-01, 04:35 PM
Needs Druid/Warlock, so you can be a Robot Vampire Werewolf Ninja Pirate Transformer that shoots laser beams.

Don't forget the DFA dip so you can also breathe fire. And the Soulknife dip for a lightsaber.

Let's see...
Vampire 8/Werewolf 2/Druid 1 (Shapeshifter)/Ninja 1/Warlock 1/DFA 1/Soulknife 1/Dread Pirate 5?

Troacctid
2015-08-01, 06:34 PM
Human Heritage is illegal on a Warforged, since they don't have any human blood in their family tree. They don't have family trees at all, actually.

Taveena
2015-08-01, 07:01 PM
Human Heritage is illegal on a Warforged, since they don't have any human blood in their family tree. They don't have family trees at all, actually.

There was an industrial accident with the construction forge.
Still no family tree, but hey, there's some blood in there!

Troacctid
2015-08-01, 07:06 PM
There was an industrial accident with the construction forge.
Still no family tree, but hey, there's some blood in there!

Well, if you're violating OSHA regulations, then it's illegal for a different reason. :smallwink:

Ellowryn
2015-08-01, 07:17 PM

Lies! They do have a family tree! Its that Oak that they used for the plant matter for the Warforged insides.

Vhaidara
2015-08-01, 08:18 PM
I seem to recall that Human Heritage required being descended from humans. Well, humans are the progenitors of warforged, therefore warforged are descended from humans.

Troacctid
2015-08-01, 08:54 PM
Unfortunately that is not what "descended" means.

AlanBruce
2015-08-01, 09:02 PM
They don't have family trees at all, actually.

https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0303/80/1392954377537.jpg

Machines will always find a way...

LogosDragon
2015-08-01, 09:04 PM

This is 3.5 optimization. We can make it mean what we want. I'm certain there's a way.

Troacctid
2015-08-01, 10:52 PM
This is 3.5 optimization. We can make it mean what we want. I'm certain there's a way.

There is: it involves starting as a human, then becoming a Warforged, e.g. via the Renegade Mastermaker prestige class.

geekintheground
2015-08-01, 11:31 PM

i dont see "descended" defined anywhere...

torrasque666
2015-08-02, 12:46 AM
Where the glossary fails, to the dictionary we turn. Descend has three definitions:

move or fall downward.
make a sudden attack on
be a direct blood relative of (a specified, typically illustrious ancestor).

And hey, Warforged aren't blood relatives of anybody, being created rather than born.

Hrugner
2015-08-02, 01:07 AM

"Well... by raw, it looks like you're all bastards!"

Sapreaver
2015-08-02, 01:30 AM
What if you're a human turned in to a tree via that wujen spell, that tree is then made in to a warforged. Would that count for human heritage.

Oberon Kenobi
2015-08-02, 01:39 AM
What if you're a human turned in to a tree via that wujen spell, that tree is then made in to a warforged. Would that count for human heritage.Well that sounds like a perfect RAW solution to the only flaw in this otherwise irreproachable plan to me! :smallbiggrin:

...Actually, wait, if you want to take descended as meaning that they have to have a human as an ancestor, you'd need to pluck an acorn off 'em, plant it and use that tree. Then we're gold.

Draconium
2015-08-02, 01:39 AM
Where the glossary fails, to the dictionary we turn. Descend has three definitions:

move or fall downward.
make a sudden attack on

And hey, Warforged aren't blood relatives of anybody, being created rather than born.

But... but... The dictionary isn't RAW! :smalltongue:

Just let us have our Robot Vampire Werewolf Ninja Pirate Transformer that shoots laser beams, breathes fire, and wields a lightsaber!

LogosDragon
2015-08-02, 01:42 AM

move or fall downward.
make a sudden attack on

I suppose you could arrange to move or fall downward from a human. It's the primary definition, after all. (Or make a sudden attack upon them, which the rules more clearly support... Would this require the Sudden Strike feature? :smalltongue: Then again, I don't think I could spin that as being descended FROM them... But the first definition works!)

Heliomance
2015-08-02, 07:27 AM

How about if the Warforged was made with wood from a Dryad's tree, and said Dryad's grandmother got it on with a human?

atemu1234
2015-08-02, 11:48 PM
How about if the Warforged was made with wood from a Dryad's tree, and said Dryad's grandmother got it on with a human?

This seems workable.

Thurbane
2015-08-03, 02:27 AM
Spellwarped Crucian Ninja...

Inevitability
2015-08-03, 02:41 AM

What if a half-human got PaO'd into a warforged?