PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Concept: Agliophobic Kuthite, How to do it?

Xuldarinar
2015-08-02, 01:12 AM
A concept crossed my mind, loose as it is, and I wanted to throw it out here and see what people could do with it. The concept is as the title states. In essence, a worshiper of Zon-kuthon who has an intense fear of experiencing pain.

Oberon Kenobi
2015-08-02, 01:19 AM
The "cowardly sort who latches themselves onto the biggest baddest villain around and does whatever they say for protection" archetype sounds like a good starting point. Who better to withhold the terrible lashes of pain than the God of Pain himself? And if that withholding comes at the price of inflicting pain on others? Well, do unto others before they do unto you. They might not even be sadistic, like you'd generally expect of a Kuthite if they're not masochistic; heck, they might hate inflicting pain, but they're more terrified of receiving pain than they are guilty about doling it out.

Arutema
2015-08-02, 03:21 AM
Zon-Kuthon is about not only pain, but new and extreme sensations. If you're not feeling pain and enjoying it all the while, you're not a real Kuthite.

I could maybe see the concept working if instead of physical pain, he was focused on emotional suffering. He deliberately suffers and induces in himself depression, anxiety and self-loathing as his own, considered heretical by some, offering to his god.