PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Blight/Poison spell?

rs2excelsior
2015-08-02, 01:39 AM
Hello all,

I'm wondering if there's a Cleric or Sorcerer/Wizard spell in Pathfinder that lets the caster blight an area. Basically, if someone wants to cause crops in an area to wither or water to make people sick. It seems like Unhallow is the closest, with some finagling on the effects of the spell. A poison effect would work, if it could be made permanent and spread over an area, but I don't know of any spells that'd make plants wither and die. I'm looking over the spell creation guidelines, but I'd prefer not to reinvent the wheel if I can help it. So if there's anyone who knows about a particular spell that'd work, I'd appreciate it!

rockdeworld
2015-08-03, 07:31 PM
Summon Leperchaun (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XjsFILvnjQ).

No, I got nothin. If you go homebrew, level 2-3 for 30' radius and only affecting soil and surrounding plant life (no creatures) seems right.

IZ42
2015-08-03, 07:36 PM
Defoliate (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/defoliate) is a 2nd level necromancy spell.

Cursed Earth (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cursed-earth) is Defoliate: Deluxe Edition

Malimar
2015-08-03, 07:40 PM
Well, diminish plants has the Stunt Growth option.
This version of the spell targets all normal plants within a range of 1/2 mile, reducing their potential productivity over the course of the following year to half normal. You could easily refluff that as making plants wither and die.

IZ42
2015-08-03, 07:45 PM
Well, diminish plants has the Stunt Growth option. You could easily refluff that as making plants wither and die.

He wasn't asking for Druid/Ranger spells, he asked for Cleric or Wizard spells.

Malimar
2015-08-03, 07:48 PM

option A: Dagnabit, I forgot that's not a cleric spell (probably because my cleric can cast plant growth, which is the same but the opposite).

option B: Use the spell research rules to create a cleric or wizard version. Unless Pathfinder got rid of the spell research rules?

IZ42
2015-08-03, 07:51 PM
option A: Dagnabit, I forgot that's not a cleric spell (probably because my cleric can cast plant growth, which is the same but the opposite).

option B: Use the spell research rules to create a cleric or wizard version. Unless Pathfinder got rid of the spell research rules?

Spell Research is a thing, though I'm pretty sure you could find a way to pick up Diminish Plants as a domain spell, not sure though.

rs2excelsior
2015-08-04, 02:13 AM
Defoliate is probably a bit too small of an area, but Diminish Plants is pretty well on the mark--pity it's a Druid/Ranger spell, but that's not a complete dealbreaker.

Cursed Earth, on the other hand, that's right on the money. Bit tough to get multiple castings of a 9th level spell with a high material cost, but the guy who's going to be using this is working with some high-powered daemons, so I'm sure there's something that can be worked out :smallamused:

Thanks, all!

grarrrg
2015-08-04, 02:40 AM

There are ways around that (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?296803-Pathfinder-mini-guide-Casting-spells-from-other-lists).
It's just a matter of what exact class he is, if he's willing to take a Prestige, open feats, etc...

Spore
2015-08-04, 07:58 AM
If you are not going for the "evil magic destroying plants" but rather just the goal of destroying plant life you could always just cast Control Weather. Prolonged drought in the summer, sleet for autumn, blizzards alternating with thawing weather (for the buds to come up) for winter and a tornado (to get the plant seeds off of the plants) combined with sleet storms (to freeze those budding plants).

Polymorph parts of the ground into salt always goes well although it is washed out pretty quickly (possibly making groundwater unusable).