PDA

View Full Version : Unseen Wagon Type Spells?

kalos72
2015-08-02, 06:23 PM
So in my campaign, I need two things and wanted some ideas:

1. Unseen Wagon style of "wondrous device" that I can give to my merchants to help move cargo around town and port. I was just going to do Boon Traps of Unseen Wagon around town and let them help themselves.

2. Something that can move 5ft x 5ft x 10ft blocks of granite around the outer walls as I rebuild them. I THINK they must run like 10 tons each or something.

Bronk
2015-08-03, 06:47 AM
You could use 'Shadow Wagons'... They would have the added benefit of not adding to or being held up by traffic.

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031110a (partway down the page)

kalos72
2015-08-03, 09:41 AM
For the typical wagon, even something like Tenser's or something. Now if I could increase the carrying capacity that would be the answer.

I was thinking of using Planar Binding and moving the rocks with Earth Elementals? Could they push the rock with Earth Glide maybe? Or I could go something like the Earth Sled from Eberron.

The Suspension spell from Shining South holds promise, question is does Levitate/Suspension allow for lateral movement as well as horizontal? Now that the stone block if off the ground, how do you move it?

kalos72
2015-08-03, 10:36 AM
The FLY spell covers the stone maybe? It doesnt list a weight limit just "heavy load" at a reduced movement rate.

A spell that combines Fly and Suspension?

nedz
2015-08-03, 01:42 PM
2. Something that can move 5ft x 5ft x 10ft blocks of granite around the outer walls as I rebuild them. I THINK they must run like 10 tons each or something.

5ft x 5ft x 10ft ~= 6.75 m3
Density of Granite = 2.6 - 2.7

=~ 17.9 Metric Tonnes.

If you want any other kind of Ton then you can apply the relevant conversion factors.

Alternatively just cast Wall of Stone and then maybe Fabricate — or buy a Lyre of Building.

kalos72
2015-08-03, 02:06 PM
That was the idea actually...

1. Use Wall of Stone to make a stone block 5x5x10.
2. Use Boon Trap of Great Stone Metamorphosis to turn the block into white granite.
3. Use new block for walls

But I didnt want the process to be "seen" by the locals, was going to "ship" it in or "mine" it locally. Hence the need for transport...

nedz
2015-08-03, 02:15 PM
Wait for the locals to go to bed
Cast Wall of Stone in situ
Cast Illusory Wall, multiple times most likely, to clad the stone in whatever decor you want

kalos72
2015-08-03, 02:27 PM
I could always go Boon Trap of Fabricate on the back of a wagon, using a white granite block as "raw material" and 5x5x10 white granite carved blocks fall out the back. :)

And just have it run the wall as the Lyre's of Building need more material...

Bronk
2015-08-03, 09:18 PM
I could always go Boon Trap of Fabricate on the back of a wagon, using a white granite block as "raw material" and 5x5x10 white granite carved blocks fall out the back. :)

And just have it run the wall as the Lyre's of Building need more material...

At that point, why not have a chain of traps on the wagon to get what you want (or a spell clock), and turn the wagon invisible with yet another trap?

kalos72
2015-08-04, 08:10 AM
Well, I am TRYING not to get too cheesy with the spell traps so I wanted it to look as legit as possible.

But I think the wagon is better then "making" it some place else, bringing it through a portal in town and still having to move it. I dont want my other locations to be known...