JNAProductions
2015-08-02, 06:35 PM
Champion of the Earth

Prerequisites
Level 10+
Strength 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits
Gain a burrow speed equal to your walking speed. When you travel through the ground, you leave behind a tunnel.
Increase Strength by 1, up to 20.

Champion of the Sea

Requirements
Extra Attack
Constitution 17+
Level 10+

Benefits
Gain a swim speed equal to your land speed.
You can hold your breath a number of hours equal to your constitution score.
Your sight is not obscured by any amount of water.
Constitution is increased by 1, up to a maximum of 20.

Champion of the Air

Requirements
Level 10+
Dexterity 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits
Increase your Dexterity by one, up to a maximum of twenty.
You can now jump four times farther, both in length and height.
You are under the permenant effect of a Feather Fall spell.

Champion of Love

Requirements
Level 10+
Charisma 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits
Increase your Charisma by one, up to a maximum of twenty.
You replace an attack with an attempted seduction-an opponent must make a wisdom save versus DC 8+your Proficiency modifier+your Charisma modifer or be charmed for one round by you, lasting until the end of your next turn. If you do any damage or make overtly hostile actions towards the charmed person, the charm effect breaks.

Libra, Champion of Balance

Requirements
Level 10+
Strength 15+
Dexterity 15+
Constitution 15+
Intelligence 15+
Wisdom 15+
Charisma 15+
Extra Attack

Benefits
Increase any stat by one, up to a maximum of twenty.
Anything that would reduce your stats instead reduces all of them by the same total amount, in equal amounts. (In case of fractions, you choose which stats are affected.)
In addition, once per short rest, you may substitute one stat for any other stat in any roll.

Ralanr
2015-08-02, 09:54 PM
To quote a great tunneler, "Dig a hole, dig a hole, dig a hole." -Ed

But in all seriousness, this is a useful utility feat. No enemy would expect it!

Flashy
2015-08-02, 10:15 PM
Totally love this feat, but why the extra attack requirement? Just to rock the champion vibe?

JNAProductions
2015-08-02, 10:16 PM
Locking it away from full casters. (Exception to Favored Soul and Valor Bard.) You gotta be at least a partial martial to get this feat.

Flashy
2015-08-02, 10:20 PM
Makes sense, I was just curious.

JNAProductions
2015-08-02, 10:24 PM
I was debating requiring Extra Attack (2) for Fighter only, but that felt way too restrictive.

Also:

Champion of the Sea

Requirements
Extra Attack
Constitution 17+
Level 10+

Benefit

Flashy
2015-08-02, 10:28 PM
I was debating requiring Extra Attack (2) for Fighter only, but that felt way too restrictive.

Oh, absolutely. Feats that only a single class can qualify for are no fun at all.

How would you feel about attaching a 10' or 15' tremorsense to Champion of the Earth? It's flavorful but perhaps a bit much? At the end of the day an ASI that you're picking up no earlier than 10th level should have a certain oomph to it.

JNAProductions
2015-08-02, 10:30 PM
It's already really damn powerful. You're gonna have to rely on other intel to attack from below.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-08-03, 03:51 AM
Are you going to do one for the other elements?

I'd love to see a Champion of Love (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ElementNumberFive) feat (including advantage on Charisma checks to seduce)!

PoeticDwarf
2015-08-04, 04:58 AM
Locking it away from full casters. (Exception to Favored Soul and Valor Bard.) You gotta be at least a partial martial to get this feat.

Because you already have that, you can better say that you need strenght or constitution of 15 or higher. 17+ sounds like too much for me, because a dexterity fighter now doesn't get it, ever.

Next to that, I like the feats.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-08-04, 05:14 AM
Because you already have that, you can better say that you need strenght or constitution of 15 or higher. 17+ sounds like too much for me, because a dexterity fighter now doesn't get it, ever.

I disagree. A champion should be extreme. 17 STR for Earth, 17 CON for Sea... 17 DEX for Air, 17 CHA for Fire... 17 WIS for Love? 17 INT for Evil?!?

There you go. Six stats, six elements, six champions. There's a campaign in there somewhere...

JNAProductions
2015-08-04, 10:40 AM
Any suggestions on what benefits to give? I feel like a Fly Speed is the obvious choice for Air, but also too powerful.

Ralanr
2015-08-04, 10:55 AM
Any suggestions on what benefits to give? I feel like a Fly Speed is the obvious choice for Air, but also too powerful.

4 times jump distance and automatic feather fall.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-08-04, 10:55 AM

Yeah, it's probably too powerful, even if it's only 30 feet/turn or whatever. Maybe some variety of Levitate would be more appropriate?

JNAProductions
2015-08-04, 10:57 AM
Champion of the Air

Requirements
Level 10+
Dexterity 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits

Ralanr
2015-08-04, 11:03 AM
Champion of the Air

Requirements
Level 10+
Dexterity 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits

I like it! Take that, jump (spell)!

Edit: You going for a 4th with a fire base or sticking with three?

JNAProductions
2015-11-06, 07:43 PM
Champion of Love

Requirements
Level 10+
Charisma 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits
You replace an attack with an attempted seduction-an opponent must make a wisdom save versus DC 8+your Proficiency modifier+your Charisma modifer or be charmed for one round by you, lasting until the end of your next turn. If you do any damage or make overtly hostile actions towards the charmed person, the charm effect breaks.

JNAProductions
2015-11-06, 09:04 PM

Requirements
Level 10+
Strength 15+
Dexterity 15+
Constitution 15+
Intelligence 15+
Wisdom 15+
Charisma 15+
Extra Attack

Benefits
Anything that would reduce your stats instead reduces all of them by the same total amount, in equal amounts. (In case of fractions, you choose which stats are affected.)
In addition, once per short rest, you may substitute one stat for any other stat in any roll.

cooldes
2015-11-07, 05:18 PM
it seems to me that the air and sea feats are a little broken... esp underwater for con score and not just mod. and perma featherfall. others seem situational, and the "switch a stat for another stat for a roll" seems unnecessary when all of your stats are 15+ unless you're a barbarian with 24 str

Princess
2015-11-08, 12:58 AM

Requirements
Level 10+
Strength 15+
Dexterity 15+
Constitution 15+
Intelligence 15+
Wisdom 15+
Charisma 15+
Extra Attack

Benefits

This is both nearly impossible to qualify for (because it's impossible with pointbuy and would require very lucky roles - I've never seen a player character with all stats that high who wasn't using magic items), and very limited in its benefit. Why would ability score reduction be so common that you'd take a feat to change how it works, and who would want a small penalty to all stats instead of one big penalty if it was always on? Sure it helps a fighter if he only loses 1 of each instead of 6 strength, but what if they target the stat that matters least to you and now all your modifiers drop by 1?

Champion of Balance is a neat idea, but I don't see anyone ever qualifying for this, and even if they did, would they really choose this over what's already out there?

JNAProductions
2015-11-08, 12:59 AM
Probably not. I wasn't sure what to make for balance.

Flashy
2015-11-08, 01:14 AM
Probably not. I wasn't sure what to make for balance.

What about some combination of...

Once per long rest when a party member loses hit points you can use your reaction to gain an equal number of temporary hit points.
At will ability to use your action to end charmed or frightened condition on a creature within 5 feet.
Advantage on any acrobatics check related to balance.
At will ability to banish overpowered homebrew.

And for the prereqs, what about requiring any three ability scores 15+ with no ability score less than 10 rather than all 15 or higher. It's still a pretty impressive commitment to MADness that's within the realms of the achievable in most campaigns.

JNAProductions
2016-03-14, 12:32 PM
Champion of Flames

Prerequisites
Level 10+
Intelligence 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits
Increase Intelligence by 1, to a maximum of 20.
You gain resistance to fire damage, and immunity to natural heat effects (such as ordinary fire, intense desert heat, or lava).
You can shroud yourself in a fiery form as a bonus action, causing anyone who starts their turn adjacent to you or hits you with a melee attack to take 1d8 points of fire damage. The intense heat burns your body, though, causing you to take 1 point of fire damage that ignores your resistance each turn you maintain it.

The last element. Not sure on this, so any suggestions?

Overall just... Just kinda bad.

PoeticDwarf
2016-03-15, 01:33 PM
Champion of Flames

Prerequisites
Level 10+
Intelligence 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits
Increase Intelligence by 1, to a maximum of 20.
You gain resistance to fire damage, and immunity to natural heat effects (such as ordinary fire, intense desert heat, or lava).
You can shroud yourself in a fiery form as a bonus action, causing anyone who starts their turn adjacent to you or hits you with a melee attack to take 1d8 points of fire damage. The intense heat burns your body, though, causing you to take 1 point of fire damage that ignores your resistance each turn you maintain it.

The last element. Not sure on this, so any suggestions?

I don't really like most of these, just because I feel they are too strong or aren't fitting to be fair. But this one is REALLY OP for a feat.
I think you can stop the flames, there is standing: Each turn you maintain it.
But dealing like 5d8 points of damage or more every turn. Taking 1 damage yourself. Whenever you want. Is WAY too much.

JNAProductions
2016-03-15, 01:34 PM
Yeah. And I want these to be more out of combat than in combat feats.

I'm going to get rid of flames entirely until I can figure out a more out of combat feature for it.

Editor_Collyow
2016-03-16, 04:13 AM
I feel like some of your stuff is a little to strong or just feels a little off to me, i'll give you my suggestions below.

Champion of the Earth

Prerequisites
Level 10+
Strength 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits
Gain a burrow speed equal to your walking speed. When you travel through the ground, you leave behind a tunnel.

-Any kind of non-racial special movement not granted by magic should be halved.
-I also dont see why an extra attack is required.

Champion of the Sea

Requirements
Extra Attack
Constitution 17+
Level 10+

Benefits

-I cant remember off the top of my head the rules on drowning, it should be increased by one time level. IE. Rounds to minutes; minutes to hours.
-While swimming you do not suffer disadvantage on perception checks involving sight.
-Still unsure about the extra attack

Champion of the Air

Requirements
Level 10+
Dexterity 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits

-Once per long rest you may use the Feather Fall spell
-Just being consistent about my advice in asking about why an extra attack is needed for these.

Champion of Love

Requirements
Level 10+
Charisma 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits

-They should have advantage on the save if you or your allies have attacked them
-Out of all of them this one should most certainly not require an extra attack.

Requirements
Level 10+
Strength 15+
Dexterity 15+
Constitution 15+
Intelligence 15+
Wisdom 15+
Charisma 15+
Extra Attack

Benefits

-Strike the increase and the weird reduce everything
-Replace with: None of your stats may be reduced below 15
-The substitute is fine as long as you dont let them use their proficiency bonus, unless they are already proficient in it. IE a warlock making a dex save and chooses to use his Cha bonus but wont get his proficiency bonus from CHA, he would get it if he was proficient in dex.

Flashy
2016-03-16, 05:58 AM
-I also dont see why an extra attack is required.

I don't want to step on JNA's toes here but...

Editor_Collyow
2016-03-16, 06:19 AM
So no War cleric? Pact of the blade warlock? Both of those feel pretty martial to me.

PoeticDwarf
2016-03-16, 03:23 PM
Champion of the Earth

Prerequisites
Level 10+
Strength 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits

Champion of the Sea

Requirements
Extra Attack
Constitution 17+
Level 10+

Benefits

Champion of the Air

Requirements
Level 10+
Dexterity 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits

Champion of Love

Requirements
Level 10+
Charisma 17+
Extra Attack

Benefits

Requirements
Level 10+
Strength 15+
Dexterity 15+
Constitution 15+
Intelligence 15+
Wisdom 15+
Charisma 15+
Extra Attack

Benefits
full feedback now

Earth: burrow is really strong. Should be limited. Half this speed would still be OP
See: This is OK, not special but kinda balanced
Air: too much. Just make it jump once per rest and feather fall once per rest ...
Love: weird... especially for a feat. Just strange. Not too sure
Balance: 13+ every stat maybe ? Still difficult. Effect should be WAY stronger. Just make the whole feat (throw it all away) something like: Whenwver you make a skill check. You may replace your bonus for this check with another skill check. This should be from the way stat (you have +3 investigate and +9 history? You can make a history check instead of investigate).

Probably more balanced with highest stat / day. But then you could give +1 in a stat maybe