PDA

View Full Version : Wand improvement

NevinPL
2015-08-03, 09:22 AM
Beside metamagic wandgrips (CM), Spell-Lens (CoS), or gems (MoF), are there any ?

P.S.
IIRC I saw something like that in one of the Dragons, but can't remember now, so it counts too.

Ferronach
2015-08-03, 12:23 PM
Wand mastery (Eberron campaign setting page 62).

Prereq: Craft Wand, caster level 9th
Benefit: DC of saving throw vs the wand and the wand's effective caster level both get a +2

Brova
2015-08-03, 12:26 PM
There's a dual wand wielder feat somewhere. Requires craft wand and two weapon fighting. I think it lets you fire two wands as a full round action at the cost of extra charges from the second.

Forrestfire
2015-08-03, 12:34 PM
Cannith Wand Adept (Sharn, City of Towers) is a PrC that buffs your ability to use wands. The metamagic item infusion apples a metamagic feat for free to a wand (no extra charges used). The power surge (ECS) infusion will give you temporary charges, and the unfettered heroism (RoE) spell combined with the Wand Surge (MoE) feat gives you unlimited use of a wand for one round per CL. Convert wand (CoV) changes a wand into a healing spell depending on its level, and faith healing wand (CoV) does the same, but for the faith healing spell. Wand modulation (CS) changes a wand into a wand of the next spell you cast on it temporarily. Channel charge (LEoF) lets you burn spell slots to power a wand.

Off the top of my head, there's also Reckless Wand Wielder, various Metamagic Spell Trigger feats, and a couple things that let you turn wands into spell slots.

Bronk
2015-08-03, 01:40 PM
There are also:

Eternal Wands: wands that have two charges per day instead of 50 charges total (MIC?)

Wand Chambers: weapons of an appropriate size can have a space constructed for a wand... wielding the weapon is the same as holding the wand for activation purposes. (Dungeonscape?)

Bracer of Wands: a pair of bracers, each of which can hold 3 wands. Loading a wand into the bracer costs one wand charge, but afterwards you can use the wand without holding it. (Dragon 291, 60000g)

Rod of Many Wands: A rod that can hold up to 3 wands... activating the rod activates all three wands at the same time (CM, 27000g)

Agent 451
2015-08-03, 03:11 PM
Beside metamagic wandgrips (CM), Spell-Lens (CoS), or gems (MoF), are there any ?

P.S.
IIRC I saw something like that in one of the Dragons, but can't remember now, so it counts too.

While it isn't definitive, and doesn't expand upon any wand "add-ons", this guide might be useful to you: http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2713.0

NevinPL
2015-08-04, 06:21 AM
Thank you all.

[...]
Eberron no.

[...]
It's from the same source (CAr) as Reckless Wand Wielder. But they don't really improve wands. They improve the wand wielder\usage.

[...]
Eberron no.
I remember Convert wand, Wand modulation from Dragon (probably one about Spellweavers). They're nice, but not what I'm looking for.
The Channel charge doesn't really improve wands. It improves the wand wielder\usage.

[...]
Not really a wand improvement.

[...]
Yeah, saw it some time ago.

Psyren
2015-08-04, 08:47 AM
Not really a wand improvement.

I think Bronk was defining "wand improvement" as "your character can use wands more effectively" rather than "this rules element makes the wand itself more powerful."

Eternal Wands are just a curiosity but the others seem like things a wand-focused character might want to check out.