PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Channeling Unarmed Strikes into a Weapon

BettyBlack
2015-08-03, 10:11 PM
Hey all! I would like to build a character for a game who is a monk-style bar-brawler type, but who uses knives and other small, sharp objects. So when a fight breaks out, they pull out a dagger and avoid attacks while stabbing away.

Anyhow, I hate sneak attack due to how situational it can be, and would love a way to use my unarmed strike damage with a weapon. One solution would be the Drunken Master's Improvised Weapons ability, but I would love to be able to have an enchanted weapon, or at least a recurring weapon that doesn't have the 1/20 chance of breaking.

Is there another way of doing this? Is there some other way to boost damage on daggers or some other small blade weapon? Thanks!

enderlord99
2015-08-03, 10:24 PM
Ki Focus enchantment.

BettyBlack
2015-08-03, 10:35 PM
Ki Focus enchantment.
Unfortunately that only allows for the transfer of abilities into the weapon, such as "the monk’s stunning attack, ki strike, and quivering palm, as well as the Stunning Fist feat." It doesn't allow you to transfer unarmed strike damage into the weapon.

PseudoPanda
2015-08-03, 11:02 PM
The Scorpion Kama from Magic Item Compendium (pg. 201) does that. Get Morphing on it from the same book if you really want a dagger

Mr Adventurer
2015-08-04, 03:10 AM
But the Monk is a martial artist, not a brawler? Wouldn't you be better off with a Tiger Claw Warblade?

TiaC
2015-08-04, 03:23 AM
Beast strike and graft weapon might do it.

emeraldstreak
2015-08-04, 11:16 AM
The Scorpion Kama from Magic Item Compendium (pg. 201) does that. Get Morphing on it from the same book if you really want a dagger

the scorpion enchantment can be applied to other melee monk weapons