PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Kinetic Form What is the Point?

Draco_Lord
2015-08-04, 08:11 AM
I am looking through the Kinetict, a while I am starting to understand how to play them, what to expect, and generally looking forward to them. They have one ability that kind of confusing me. Kinetic Form. It doesn't seem to do much at all. It doesn't change stats, I doubt it increases the size of your weapons. So what is the point? Besides some very situational times?

Milo v3
2015-08-04, 08:27 AM
Reach, bonus on manoeuvres, intimidation, carry capacity, and increased damage with weapons are the main purposes.

Vhaidara
2015-08-04, 08:30 AM
Reach. Also, kineticists can end up being rather tanky, between the con focus and Elemental defence, so you can block off your squishies. I actually did that in pfs on Sunday, putting myself between the magic immune (and therefore blast immune) enemies and the party archers. If I could have gone largez that would have been even easier.

Also, it makes it quite strong for gestalt lockdown builds, since normal enlargement methods exchange +1 cmb (str boost) for -1 AoO (dex penalty, combat reflexes). Now you can maintain your max AoOs while reaching Huge size.

Also, they couldn't really give it size bonuses. The stat bumps from Elemental Overflow are actually size mods, so they wouldn't stack.

Milo v3
2015-08-04, 08:32 AM
Also, they couldn't really give it size bonuses. The stat bumps from Elemental Overflow are actually size mods, so they wouldn't stack.
Size bonuses would've been good for the archetypes that don't get elemental overflow though.

Draco_Lord
2015-08-04, 08:33 AM
I have to admit, I always forget about reach with large creatures. Every single time. Though, do you get increased damage with weapons? As a kinetic, you can probably do better with your blasts in Blade Form. And would your weapons even grow with you?

Milo v3
2015-08-04, 08:35 AM
I have to admit, I always forget about reach with large creatures. Every single time. Though, do you get increased damage with weapons? As a kinetic, you can probably do better with your blasts in Blade Form. And would your weapons even grow with you?

Kinetic blast wouldn't change in damage, but kinetic fist would since it goes off unarmed damage first.